Fog Lamps | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fog Lamps

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport. I am looking to put SilverStars in my fog lamps but I'm not sure what series the stock lamps are. The book says 9145 but a lot of website I have seen are telling me to use the H3 series. Does anyone know which one it is?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I had my Ranger I wiggled some 9005 all-weather high beams into the foglights. It called for 9145's also. The plug on 9005's is the same.

Fog Lights

They are also known as H10 bulbs. Currently I am using 9005 bulbs. They only fit if you file the ear on the bottom side.
If you hold the bulb w/ the small tab @ 12:00 the one you need to file is @ 4:00 (just the bottom half at an angle.
Hope this helps. Also check E-Bay for the bulbs. :thumbsup:

i haven't put them in yet (too cold) but the guy at autozone sold me h3's

Hope you kept your receipt.

USMAcadet2009 said:
I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport. I am looking to put SilverStars in my fog lamps but I'm not sure what series the stock lamps are. The book says 9145 but a lot of website I have seen are telling me to use the H3 series. Does anyone know which one it is?

they told him h3 too there is no way these will fit?

Well I had a 98 also and ordered direct from Sylvania's website too. They sent me the bulbs and swore they would fit. They didn't and I sent all 3 bulbs back and they said I only sent 2. Totally pissed me off and I would never do business with them again. They have no idea what fit's the 98 Explorers and will not change there web site. They do NOT have a bulb to fit the 1998 Ford Explorer, period.....

Thank you for clarifying BBQ. I was unsure if that was correct or not.

Hey no problem. It took me months to get my money back from them. I can promise you and everyone else, Sylvainia will never have my business again. Totally piss poor customer service from them over my issue. Called me a liar and everything, for 35 bucks, but they paid.

What is was is I got all excited over the thought of getting some matching fog lamps to match my head lights. Was running silverstars at the time. So I bought 3 of them from there web site and they swore they would fit. They didn't, I called them and told them of there mistake, sent the lamps back, and they said they only got 2 and not 3. Totally pissed me off. Had forgotten all about it until now. They are jerks....

The best way to find out is to remove the bulb and take it to your auto parts shop or compare it to the bulbs shown on the web.

Back