• Register Today It's free!

fog light wiring

volleyfoc24

Reaction score
City, State
Muncie, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 sport
Hey, I have a question for anyone who may know. I have a standard 02 explorer, i have been upgrading were i can. One thing is fog lights. But I do not want more switches. In my focus I was able to put a headlamp switch with fog light availabily in and the wiring was already in the car. I am not sure this is the case in the explorer. Plus the switch I have seems to have availablity to do more then one fog light set. Does anyone have this switch and any ideas

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hm -

good question. I am thinking it might be a little more expensive. On the 05 I drive, the fog lamp is part of the lamp switch. You pull it out for fog. If yours doesn't have fog lamps, you probably don't have the switch.

If you could find a junker, or some nice dude on here that would sell you one cheap, I am betting the harness is already in place, just taped up. Factory lamps are in the fat ovals, not the skinny ovals in the lower airdam. I'd look around in there for a thin two wire deal with a plug on the end of it maybe folded up and taped up in there.

That's how it was on the G/f's Toyota Celica... anyway

-Shawn

the most hassle-free idea would probably be an aftermarket switch though... its not too hard and if u use 9145 bulbs then ull wire them up the same way as standard aux lights... u could always use a heavy guage wire and use 9006 bulbs if u splice it with ur stock lowbeams... i swapped my xls bumper with an xlt bumper and got the fogs as well and ive enjoyed being able to have total road coverage with my lights all on... highs lows and fogs... helps visibility a ton

2456765_100_full.jpg

2456765_35_full.jpg

i bought the switch already, it did not have it in the 1st place, this switch has 2 levels of being pulled out, which i plan on using for different exterior lights. I have done the aftermarket switches in my focus but i just like the clean look of not having extra stuff on the dash. I know i am doing it a more difficult way, but i think it will pay off in the long run with looks and functionallity.

I have a question i saw all the switches you have were did you ground them, and could you explain how you wired your lights. I am having some trouble wiring mine on my bull bar thanks again!:thumbsup:

Back