fog lights with brights? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

fog lights with brights?

Greatlaker

Reaction score
Does anybody have a procedure for setting up the factory fog lights to operate independently? I have an 05 if it helps. Thanks so much! Rob

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anybody have a procedure for setting up the factory fog lights to operate independently? I have an 05 if it helps. Thanks so much! Rob

When I bought HIDs for my low beams I also bought them for my fog lights. The HID fogs are WAY brighter than my high beams so I never use my highs. My lows and fogs together turn night into day so I just drive with those.

I can send you the wiring diagrams to assist in this project when I get home tonight.

Be careful, there are legal issues here. in many states the law requires fog lights to be disabled when the high beams are on

there is a kit that they make for chevy silverado's that allow the low beams to be on at the same time as the highbeams, i bet it could easily be converted to work on your Explorer. I have looked at doing this for a long time myself.

Be careful, there are legal issues here. in many states the law requires fog lights to be disabled when the high beams are on

That's a good point. I know here, in the People's Republic of Massachusetts, the law says you can only have a total of 4 lights on at a time on the front of the vehicle. Since the low beams stay on with the high beams, that's already 4. Having the fogs on as well would violate the law.

Thanks guys... my main thing is to be able to run just the fog lights on their own. BigRondo, the wiring diagrams would be sweet for reference! Rob

Thanks guys... my main thing is to be able to run just the fog lights on their own. BigRondo, the wiring diagrams would be sweet for reference! Rob

Check your PM! :):thumbsup:

Back