Foglights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Foglights

SO I was replacing my foglights today, or at least attempting to, and I ran into a slight problem. The foglights at some point before I got my truck leaked water in and blew the bulbs up. While taking the foglight units off the clean them, the little plastic pieces of trash that held them in snapped. So this leaves me with 3 options. I can take some super glue and see how well I can fix the ones that were on the truck and get new bulbs. Or, I can try my luck at a salvage yard and try to score a new set there. Or the third option is installing aftermarket fogs into the stock spots.

I've seen a lot of talk about installing PIAA foglights, but it is far more convinient to install Sylvanias for me. Because Advance Auto stocks the Sylvania units. So anyone got any idea what unit would fit in without altering the thing they mount to?

Also does anyone know what type of cool blue sylvania bulb would fit in place of the 899, as the 899 is not made in a cool blue(which I have for head lights).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you should just junk the stock housings and get some aftermarket ones and put them in the place of the stock ones.. thats what i did and im very happy with them.

Any idea of what Sylvanias would fit? If I can just pick one up from Advance today that'd be cool.

I think the 880s fit. They are 10watts less than stock, but they fit. Don't get the "stock" fogs off of ebay. They're cheap crap that fogs up and leaks. Get new ones from Ford. Don't buy Walmart trash either. Waste of money again. Buy good PIAAs or Hellas and save yourself the hassle.

IAmTodd said:
Don't buy Walmart trash either. Waste of money again.

excuse me? i have the wal-mart so called "trash" they where blazer fog lights that i put in place of my stockers. they are very bright, have not blown out, and they look good. they have not leaked either. now tell me why i should go spend gobs and gobs of money for somthing that if it brakes cost a ton more? :confused: these i can just go pick up another set for $16.

and i also have a set of them on my dads truck in place of the stockers. and they have been great also. not one problem.

2-17-05_005_(small)_(2).jpg

You get what you pay for. More expensive ones will have better output and a better pattern.

these have been great. the light is great and it has a nice cut off line.much much brighter then stock and these are yellow great for fog.
and the best part...replacements are only $16.

hey 96 do you got pics of those fogs with them on.

I got customized yellow fogs on my 01 sport.

I got the idea from BlackMagic cause I read on how he did his yellow fogs and I made my fogs like his.

Some of us don't have a lot of funds.
I got some cheapo fog lights too. They work great. And I am able to use mr16 55watt flood halogen lamps (seen on track lights) that you can buy anywhere for cheap. I bought clear bulbs and they are great for night. $10 at national liquidators. The only thing extra I bought was a relay ($8) to wire it up properly. The housing is metal and I have seen a little rust, but after all the winter salt and this seasons wet weather, its expected.

Back