Ford Dealer doesn't want to cover warranty :( | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Dealer doesn't want to cover warranty :(

It’s against the law in several states. Statuettes would vary by each state.

And no, obviously not Starbucks as they usually aren’t in a position to screw me over for several hundred dollars the way a warranty or contractual agreement are. I’m sure if you think long and hard on it you’ll see they are slightly different.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I’m sure if you think long and hard on it you’ll see they are slightly different.

I'll work on it. I'm nobody's Socrates, though. (I mean the philosopher, not the soccer player).

Best of luck.

Can you give a link to the relevant statute? This is the first I hear of that being a crime. Now, I HAVE heard of information thus obtained not being admissible as evidence, but that's a rather different issue.

Well you are in FL and I am in NH so not sure how NH laws are relevant to you.

Wiretapping/eavesdropping laws

Section 570-A:2 Interception and Disclosure of Telecommunication or Oral Communications Prohibited.

NH is 2 party consent state, you must have both parties consent in order to do it.

I just went through this with my wife's work. They put up "security" cameras that were recording audio and video, even in the break room. After a friendly warning to them anonymously, cameras were off within 24 hours (video only is allowed as long as you know there are cameras via warning or you can see them). The best part was the owners knew is was illegal but didnt care.. a little friendly police dept. threat took care of it quickly.

Now that this got sidetracked, lets try to stay on topic.. just was putting it out there that people need to be aware of the laws in their state.

It is illegal in Florida.

Yes, this dealer is being a jerk. I'm not going to go through the trouble of recording every conversation with them. My philosophy is screw me once shame on you screw me twice shame on me. I am just trying to get something fixed that is in writing that it should be covered under the warranty when the vehicle was purchased, if they want to change their mind now there isn't a lot I will do about it other than to remember that the next time I purchase a vehicle (which will be in about 3 years if history repeats itself). The thing that I don't get is that they have taken more time to try and not do the work than if they would have just done it and moved on, whether Ford would cover it or not (which they would if requested by the dealer). It's about 2 hours labor and a $20 part, we always thought it more important to take care of the customer than to argue over stuff like this, just a part of doing business. I probably won't hear anything until Wednesday and if they don't want to do it I'll get the part and do it myself this weekend, not a huge deal but I would prefer them to honor their warranty.

Ford said they would have an answer in 2 business days, I called them back after their 2 business days and they had no response. I asked when they would have an answer and they said they do not know, they are waiting for the dealer to get back to them. I asked when they would be following up with the dealer and the answer was they are waiting????? So basically Ford is doing nothing until they hear back from the dealer, I find this hard to believe that they just send out one request and then leave it to die but we will see. I think the person that I was talking to just didn't know what the next step was, fine. I called the dealer and asked where it was at and they said they submitted to Ford (but Ford said they didn't have it), ok, at least they say they submitted, we'll give it a day to be processed. they quoted me $650 to fix it but when we last talked they said it is a 3 hour fix and a $10 seal....I didn't realize dealers were up to $200/hr. for labor. Good money maker, especially since someone with experience can do it in about half that time.

It’s why they are called “stealerships”.

Ford made the dealership fix it and I was able to pick it up last night. Looking at the paperwork is so sad it is almost funny. Just like I stated, 60,100, miles when purchased 197. This is still in the warranty Dealerships!! I have to be without my EX for 7 days because you couldn't make a decision.... It looks like they just topped the fluid off so I am going to change that out this weekend or next. I also need to figure out my stupid TPMS issue.

Ford made the dealership fix it and I was able to pick it up last night. Looking at the paperwork is so sad it is almost funny. Just like I stated, 60,100, miles when purchased 197. This is still in the warranty Dealerships!! I have to be without my EX for 7 days because you couldn't make a decision.... It looks like they just topped the fluid off so I am going to change that out this weekend or next. I also need to figure out my stupid TPMS issue.

How many miles were on it when you picked it up? 61,100 or more?

Also, what do you mean by the bolded sentence? Are you saying they changed the axle seal and just topped off the fluid rather than flushing?

yes, may statement was a little confusing. I purchased it new with 197 miles on it, the warranty starts at the mileage when purchased so my 60k powertrain warranty is good to 60,197.

service report says they just topped it off, to be sure I will change it myself. I don't know if mine has a drain plug or not, if not I will put one in so it is easier to change in the future. I like projects like this on cold winter days, it is always 70 in the shop, put it up on the hoist, have a few beers and check things over and install the drain plug.

Back