Ford Explorer 2016 AC sometimes blow hot air | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer 2016 AC sometimes blow hot air

Musaab

Reaction score
City, State
Muscat
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 explorer basic
Hi
The weather in our area is very hot these days and it can reach more than 45 C .
Sometimes my AC blow hot air ,when I turn it off and then on again it may change to cool air ,but sometime it need some water on the radiator to start work .
Most of the times is works perfect .
I went to precision service they checked the AC system and said the compressor and gas are perfect condition .
Sometimes I feel the air condition is cold but not that good .
Can anyone help please ?
Regards

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks /but I opened the hood and the pipes were hot ?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
If the compressor is working and the refrigerant level is good, then it could possibly be a sticking blend door/actuator as mentioned. The diagram is for pre-2016 Explorers but may still help. You shouldn't have to keep adding water to the radiator. It is part of a closed system. If the level keeps dropping, you may have another issue.
1622571845261.png

Peter

If the compressor is working and the refrigerant level is good, then it could possibly be a sticking blend door/actuator as mentioned. The diagram is for pre-2016 Explorers but may still help. You shouldn't have to keep adding water to the radiator. It is part of a closed system. If the level keeps dropping, you may have another issue.
View attachment 331520
Peter
Thanks

View attachment 331520
Peter
I don't know but its on and off / I didn't add any water to the radiator
Regards

Back