Ford Explorer Android GPS Navigation Car Stereo?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer Android GPS Navigation Car Stereo??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sure looks like a nice mod. If you wind up getting it, put together an installation video and a writeup and I'll set you up with an Elite Explorer membership:chug:

For that money you could convert to sync 3 with oem parts

I came across this site from another member on here. This retains factory nav etc as well if u already have it. The sync3 APIM is pre programmed for ur vehicle by the seller.

@cali201
My offer stands if you decide to go the factory route as well:chug:

I'd be wary of products like these. The cost is up there, and just based on the specs listed on the page it won't be very nice. On the Ford Focus forum there are a few people that tried something very similar to this and they had complaints of it being slow and buggy.

I'd try looking around your local junkyard to see if you can steal the trim and APIM out of a newer Explorer and see what happens.

EDIT: I didn't find the exact post I was looking for, but did find this one. It's worth a read. Touch Screen Replacement
This one also has a lot of people discussing the products they have found. Some give nothing but praise. Others mention the things that don't work or require adding addition stuff that isn't factory (like external mics and such). Tesla Style 10" Screen

@cali201
My offer stands if you decide to go the factory route as well:chug:
*Puts shovel down*
Now that I've dug this thread out of the grave, I'm assuming you know how it's done on a 2016-2019 model, as well?

*Puts shovel down*
Now that I've dug this thread out of the grave, I'm assuming you know how it's done on a 2016-2019 model, as well?

No, there was never a writeup as far as I know.

*Kicks over the gravestone*
Damn it.

:dead:

Back