• Register Today It's free!

Ford/Motorcraft Parts Question

sgtjjj

Reaction score
City, State
St Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLS
I needed a new 4x4 module for my 02 XLS so I began looking on the internet for a bargain. I did find quite a few on Ebay and other discount auto parts websites. I bought one on Ebay from "fordpartsguys." When it arrived I noticed that the part number on the box did not match the part number on the module itself. I contacted the seller and was told to disregard the number on the module as that is the "engineering number" and the part they sent is the correct part my my Explorer.

Is there a difference between a "part number" and "engineering number."

I did a little research and found that "fordpartsguys" also does business as Silverstate Auto Parts, fordautopartsdirect.com, and Gaudin Ford. They do sell parts 40-50% below list price, but I'm wondering if these are new parts, refurbished, or perhaps even used.

Anyone else deal with these people?

I got my new module from directfordparts a couple of years ago and noticed the same thing. I also called and was told the same as you that the eng number is different than the Ford parts number. Whatever, it has worked fine for two years now.

Directfordparts is now silverstatefordparts in Las Vegas. I thought that fordpartsguy was the online retail side of a ford dealer in Seattle, but could be wrong. Either way I am pretty sure you got the correct updated module if you supplied your VIN.

Good luck. Let us know how if it works.

Back