• Register Today It's free!

free bonus for me!

hourang

Reaction score
City, State
Troy, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Sport
i was under the car checking things yesterday and noticed my radius arm bushings have had the rivets replaced by bolts!!! wohooo, i feel like i won the lotto or something lol. i was almost positive i would be drilling rivets this weekend, the truck has been in the family for 8 years now and no one replaced them, must have been done before. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Consider yourself lucky!!

I have heard that not all production plants used rivets, some did come with bolts from factory depending on where they were produced. Look to see if there is any marring around the bolts, indicating a grinder or air hammer, if not then it is most likly factory. But I guess your doing a lift soon and were going to replace them with bolts?

sn0border88 said:
I have heard that not all production plants used rivets, some did come with bolts from factory depending on where they were produced. Look to see if there is any marring around the bolts, indicating a grinder or air hammer, if not then it is most likly factory. But I guess your doing a lift soon and were going to replace them with bolts?

hrm didnt know that. it didnt look like original bolts but i could be wrong. my radius arm bushings are shot so im replacing them.

if you are using stock size replacement arms, with bushings, or just replacing the bushings, you don't have to unbolt that bracket. just remove the coil spring and apply downward pressure on the knuckle and the arm will come loose. saved me a lot of time when i did it. works on the drivers side too.

you can also push the whole thing forward if you unbolt the sway bar.

Back