• Register Today It's free!

Front and rear camera washer.

ronninco

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Platinum, 4WD
Recently drove our new 2018 Explorer Platinum from Denver to Salt Lake. After arriving in Salt Lake I discovered the front and rear camera washer no longer sprayed fluid on the camera lens. The regular windshield washers, front and rear, work fine. We did run into some snow and rain on the trip out, nothing but clear skies on the return trip. Anyone have this problem, or know how to clear the washer heads?

Check the spray nozzles. They might be clogged.

Recently drove our new 2018 Explorer Platinum from Denver to Salt Lake. After arriving in Salt Lake I discovered the front and rear camera washer no longer sprayed fluid on the camera lens. The regular windshield washers, front and rear, work fine. We did run into some snow and rain on the trip out, nothing but clear skies on the return trip. Anyone have this problem, or know how to clear the washer heads?
As Fcal124 pointed out, they might be clogged but I'd think that would be very unusual on a new vehicle, especially since both front and rear don't work. Have you checked to see if there is any fluid draining onto the ground when you operate the washers?

Peter

Thanks for the help. No obvious leaks at either the front or rear spray nozzles. I'm going to try some compressed air and if that doesn't solve the problem I'll trace the rubber hose feeding those two nozzles to see if it has developed a leak.

Ronn

Back