2016 rear camera washer

expoman55

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Parrish FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Exp Sport, 2019 f150
Can anyone tell me does the 2016 rear camera have a washer built in? One of my small pet gripes is the camera on back is usually somewhat dirty.. LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It does. It sits just above it and when you wash your rear window it will also spray the camera.

Can anyone tell me does the 2016 rear camera have a washer built in? One of my small pet gripes is the camera on back is usually somewhat dirty.. LOL
The 2016 brochure says 180 degree rearview camera with washer. On the Limited and Platinum you also get the front camera washer. The front washer is an option on the Sport.

Peter

camera washer

Thx considering a rear camera washer retrofit on my 15 ... not sure what is involved.. doesnt seem like it be to hard..

as for front camera honest question is the front camera REALLY useful? I am not sure I guess why I need it. LOL I guess curbs and parking.. I know the jeep is sold as an approach cam.. I'd like puddle cams under mirrors..

Thx considering a rear camera washer retrofit on my 15 ... not sure what is involved.. doesnt seem like it be to hard..

as for front camera honest question is the front camera REALLY useful? I am not sure I guess why I need it. LOL I guess curbs and parking.. I know the jeep is sold as an approach cam.. I'd like puddle cams under mirrors..
Although I can't recall for sure, but I think the Platinum has a 360 view capability.

Peter

They have a washer for the rear camera? Why does this sound so over the top to me? This like, "I feel so left out."....never mind, just having a geezer moment. ;) :salute:

It was created mainly for the oversees people where they do not have as nice of roads and the dirt getting on them. This is direct from fords mouth. Not sure why they decided to include it on all vehicles...

It was created mainly for the oversees people where they do not have as nice of roads and the dirt getting on them. This is direct from fords mouth. Not sure why they decided to include it on all vehicles...
A very handy thing to have, particularly in the Winter.

Peter

Front camera are for the shorter drivers, who can't see over the hood. LoL.
It's actually very useful and allows you to manoeuvre in and out of tight spots.

Although I can't recall for sure, but I think the Platinum has a 360 view capability.

Peter

The front camera on the Platinum has a 180-degree field of view. Very handy to check for traffic left and right when pulling out of a crowded side street. The camera is about six feet out ahead of the driver's eyes, so the camera can see things before the driver is able to do so. The front camera is activated as needed by pushing a button near the audio system.

The front camera on the Platinum has a 180-degree field of view. Very handy to check for traffic left and right when pulling out of a crowded side street. The camera is about six feet out ahead of the driver's eyes, so the camera can see things before the driver is able to do so. The front camera is activated as needed by pushing a button near the audio system.

The Sport has it too if equipped with ACC. May be tied to having ACC.

The front 180 degree camera is included with the 401A package on the Sport.

Also standard on the Sport here in Canada (400a is the standard package).

Back