• Register Today It's free!

Front Bumper Swap!

RiccoFX

Reaction score
City, State
Brandon, Manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 SportTrac Limited V8
Can I install a newer like 2000-2001 front bumper onto a 1995 Explorer without any modding?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was wondering the same thing for mine, I like the round fog lamps over the square ones on my 96'? same situation? or does mine involve modding?

I was wondering the same thing for mine, I like the round fog lamps over the square ones on my 96'? same situation? or does mine involve modding?

I'm sure your 96 is tha same as my 95, in fact I think the front bumpers are the same from 95 thru 98, 99 thru 2001 they went with the round foglights... and that is what I'm going for, makes it a more aggressive look!

yes, just grab the brackets from the newer one :thumbsup:

Thanks! I'm going to the wrecker tomorrow so I can pull one off... mostly because my original 95' bumper is all cracked and busted and some rust, since wanting to change it I might as well see if I can update the look a bit to the better looking 99 and up bumper! :D :navajo:

Thanks! I'm going to the wrecker tomorrow so I can pull one off... mostly because my original 95' bumper is all cracked and busted and some rust, since wanting to change it I might as well see if I can update the look a bit to the better looking 99 and up bumper! :D :navajo:

Would love to see some pictures, to have an idea about how mine will look. this will be a spring project for me, getting too cold up here in IL to go to the junk yard all day to take off a bumper.

Here's a pic of my '95 with a '00 bumper. It was as simple as unbolting it the old one and bolting the new one on (and then a 2nd time so my '00 didnt look naked). Took less then an hour to swap the bumpers.

DSCF1759.jpg

Here's a pic of my '95 with a '00 bumper. It was as simple as unbolting it the old one and bolting the new one on (and then a 2nd time so my '00 didnt look naked). Took less then an hour to swap the bumpers.

DSCF1759.jpg

Really good photo thanks! I also have a brush guard on mine, so now i know exactly how mine will look. Only the bad thing for me is, that I have to find a 00' Eddie Bauer bumper so that the plasic matches. Black plasic, would not look so good, when all the rest is tan? not sure on the exact color,but it looks tanish.

Really good photo thanks! I also have a brush guard on mine, so now i know exactly how mine will look. Only the bad thing for me is, that I have to find a 00' Eddie Bauer bumper so that the plasic matches. Black plasic, would not look so good, when all the rest is tan? not sure on the exact color,but it looks tanish.

Thats not black, its dark gray.

Been thinking of doing the same thing to mine, just gotta make the cuts in the bumper for my brush guard and spray the bed liner on it as well to match the rest of my X. But found one at a JY in good shape for like $40. Been debating on grabbing it before I head back home when leave is up. I couldn't remember if the fogs still use the same connector or not.

Been thinking of doing the same thing to mine, just gotta make the cuts in the bumper for my brush guard and spray the bed liner on it as well to match the rest of my X. But found one at a JY in good shape for like $40. Been debating on grabbing it before I head back home when leave is up. I couldn't remember if the fogs still use the same connector or not.

The plug depends, If they don't match, I know I read a thread on how to convert them over.

I need a EB '00 (tan) bumper and cannot find it in any JY...

I need a EB '00 (tan) bumper and cannot find it in any JY...

Me too, lots of 4.0, with out the tan in the yards, but no EB...

Read somewhere to just cut the 2 wires off one of the new ones and splice them into your existing wiring harness after you cut the connector off for the 95-97 plug.

I did this swap on my 97 and the plugs match up. As for you guys looking for a tan one get some krylon fussion an paint them. Mine was grey so I painted it black with no problems after three years.

Any pictures? I want to see how good the Krylon fusion looks.

Im trying to figure out how to do just that. I tried photobucket but its not Workin for me. I dont have a real computer im using a Toshiba web pad andim still trying to figure out what apps work with it. And dont laugh but my wife is keep in a death grip on the credit cards after the pile of parts I just ot over the winter. But as soon as my plastic stops burning im gonna pay the fee to join so I can post pics the rite way.

Finally gonna do this swap this week as long as the jy has one.

Feel free to put up a how-to, I got to replace mine after the wife got into a little fender bender. She does not really care how it looks..... but I do :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes sir I can do that. Gonna go in the morning when it's nice and cool out.

Back