Front caster/camber limiters? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front caster/camber limiters?

printner

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 XLT
Newbie to the list. I've done suspension work, but none on my explorer (yet).

I took my '03 XLT in for an alignment yesterday, and the shop said the couldn't get it into spec without removing the caster and camber limiters. He showed me approximately where they are (where the upper control arm mounts), but can someone help me through this? Does anyone have a picture or diagram?

Thanks!!

factory came with limiters, you do need remove them to change camber/caster. Dealer sells a camber kit which is essentially large washers. there are better kits, AC Delco has one which imo is better than the Washer kit. Another was mavotech??sp rockauto has pics of them.

The aligment shop didn't say anything about adding a kit, just removing the limiter. Does this make any sense?

The aligment shop didn't say anything about adding a kit, just removing the limiter. Does this make any sense?

It might. . .but those holes are rather big to allow for adjustment of camber/caster; i'm not 100% but the nut may fit right or hold well? But they might know better? Or maybe they replace it with a washer, which is acceptable.

Dealer part TRW Part # 13302A Caster/Camber Adjusting Kit FRONT, REAR SUSP FOR EASY INSTALLATION & ADJ - USE TOOL 969243 FOR EASY INSTALLATION

i bought these sold by Raybestos now,
RAYBESTOS Part # 6111161 More Information About this Part Professional Grade; Camber/Caster Washer
Front Suspension; Four Wheel Drive (4X4); Plus / Minus 1-1/4 Degree Caster ; Up To Plus / Minus 3/4 Degree Camber

RAYBESTOS Part # 6111162 More Information About this Part Professional Grade; Camber/Caster Washer
Rear Suspension; Two Wheel Drive (4x2); Up To Plus / Minus 3/4 Degree Camber

Back