• Register Today It's free!

Front Receiver Mount For A Winch

InspectorGadget

Reaction score
City, State
Northern CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT
Any one out there installed a front receiver mount on a 2011+ Explorer?

I have a winch that I have used with a front mount on my 2000 F150. I would like to have the ability to use it on my new Explorer. I've done some searches for mounts from drawtite etc.

Curious if anyone found one that works well

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not exactly, but...

While not a receiver mount, I did see an '11 Ex FWD (I know!!) with a front snowplow mount at a dealership (Used car lot of Ford dealership). It looks to have been made for the Ex as it integrated into the front perfectly. By that I mean it looked like there was a custom lower bumper piece to accommodate the mount.

I responded to your PM.

IMHO, the easiest way is to put your winch on a hitch mount plate and off you go. This way you also don't have to have it permanently installed you know, just in case you need it in the Walmart parking lot ;)

I have the stock rear 2" hitch on mine and added the front hitch myself.

I responded to your PM.

IMHO, the easiest way is to put your winch on a hitch mount plate and off you go. This way you also don't have to have it permanently installed you know, just in case you need it in the Walmart parking lot ;)

I have the stock rear 2" hitch on mine and added the front hitch myself.

I've thought about the hitch mount, just didn't know if anyone has done a permanent mount. I've had a hard time finding anyone that has a winch on the current body style explorer. If you have pic of yours with the winch if like to see it. Thanks

I'm looking to add a winch. I wanted to do a hidden winch but don't think there is enough room. Has anyone added a winch? I would love to see pics.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Using the Forum's 'Search' feature I found this thread and merged yours with it. Good luck.

Peter

Back