Front Washer Issue | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front Washer Issue

relay #44 (rear washer),
There is only one relay associated with the washer sand that's it. Its normally closed contacts are used in the front washer direction and then it's used in the energized condition as described above.

We can only assume the latter is working based on available data. There is a small chance that the NC contact or its portion of the circuit is open, There a a few checks that can be made for that, if you wanted to do them.

I cannot find the relay for front washer in BJB. I only found fuse #4 (wipers, front washer), relay #44 (rear washer), and relay #55 (wiper). Removing these fuse or relays would render each of the affected components inoperable. So these fuse/relays must be working.

I am not sure if it's worth it to replace the wiper motor given the age of the car and cost of the replacement. I might just connect the front and rear washer tubes together with a Y-connector as a workaround.
Not sure which trim you have but I doubt it matters regarding wiper motors. Here is one for the XLT;
Should decide to purchase the motor, Levittiown is a forum vendor and offers discounts to members.

Peter

Back