FSBO: 2008 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0L 4x2 (Barn Find, Obsessively Maintained) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FSBO: 2008 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0L 4x2 (Barn Find, Obsessively Maintained)

NikonShooter

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi There,

I'm selling my almost mint Explorer. It's got 70k miles and has been garaged its entire life. I bought the truck from its original owner and have all his (and mine) service records and receipts. In the last two years I've replaced the battery, flushed the steering fluid, flushed the brake fluid, replaced the front and rear brake pads, flushed engine coolant, replaced the thermostat housing and thermostat, replaced radiator, upper and lower radiator hoses, radiator cap, replaced transmission fluid/filter/cleaned magnet and refilled with Mercon V, replaced spark plugs, spark plug wires, air filter and hood gas struts. It's had 20 oil changes since it rolled off the assembly line (and I have records for 19 of those) -- that's about every 3,850 miles using either MotorCraft synthetic blend or straight Mobil 1 synthetic. The truck is a real gem. I've driven it from Chicago to Denver and back twice, taken it to Michigan, and it's ferried my wife and kids around for the last few years.

It's got ABS, front, side and canopy airbags, power all around, power sunroof, cruise, MP3/Stereo/5-disc CD, auto dimming rear mirror, tinted glass, auto headlights, 3rd row seating, locking lug nuts on all 4 wheels, alloy wheels and upgraded stereo speakers.

Exterior is White Suede CCM and interior is beige cloth. I also have front and rear WeatherTech floor liners to keep the black carpet pristine. No rust. No accidents. No pets. No funny smells. Adult driven. Always maintained. I live 15 min from MDW and ORD so I'll pick you up at the airport and you can drive her home.

Asking $9,900 or best offer! (I know I'm asking above market prices, but this truck is well sorted out and has all the service records. In my book, that counts for a lot! : )

Back