• Register Today It's free!

Fuel filter question.

raiderobyn

Reaction score
City, State
Walnut Creek, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Eddie Bauer 4x4
Hey all! I'm new to the forum and wanted to say hello. Also, can anyone tell me if my 02 Eddie Bauer, V8 4x4 has one fuel filter or two? I seem to keep finding conflicting information and it's actually what lead me the forum to begin with. I've just started working on my car (with some help) this past year so I'm still learning. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey welcome to the forum. I'm a newby myself just joined this month. Your 02 V8 has 2 filters but only one is serviceable Wix 33424 or Napa 3424 (same filter) is the replacement part number for your filter. If you prefer the Motorcraft number is FG-1036 and according to Wix the location is pass side frame rail. The second filter is a strainer on the fuel pump in the tank. If the parts store is telling you that you have two it's because they aren't listening. The 6 cyl has 2 options a 2 line and a 3 line I believe the difference is flex fuel. Here is the site I used when I sold parts http://www.wixfilters.com/ This is a great site that will allow you to find filter numbers for cars/trucks/atvs/motorcycles/equipment.

Thank you!

Thank you very much! That is really helpful. I'll see what I can track down. Looks like I'll be doing some minor wrenching this weekend between that and my pads and rotors. Cheers!

Great post RickM, Raiderobyn you need to read these threads before you tackle the filter it can be a real pain if it's your first one and if it's your second or third well it's still a pain.

Feel the love

Thank you so much for the info RickM and 01EXP5.0
That "How to" thread is going to be really helpful when I tackle this little project. I am most definitely a novice in the mechanic department. I'll admit, my only accomplishments thus far have been changing my oil and installing new brake pads so I can't tell you how much I appreciate the advice. Luckily, my partner in crime is WAY more experienced than I so between your helpful advice and instruction and his know-how, I think I can pull this one off!

I think I can pull this one off!

Hahahahaha! Wait till you actually try it. It's one of the least fun things you'll do on your back - even if you know what you're doing!

Any updates?

Thanks!

Thanks for checkin' back in! Haven't gotten to the fuel filter yet. That is a project planned for my next pay day. Just wanted to get my ducks in a row first. Did however manage the much lesser task of changing pads and rotors last weekend. One maintenance project at a time. With my schedule, it's about all I can manage! I'll be sure to come back and detail the impending disaster once I've botched it completely, fixed it again and (hopefully) eventually triumphed!

Back