• Register Today It's free!

Fuel Pump Secondary Circuit

Mtn_Man

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Limited 4WD
That and insufficient fuel shot time are the codes showing up.
Background:
94 Limited
Truck started having starting issues. I don't hear the fuel pump prime when KOEO. Also, if the truck has been parked at a steep angle, nose up, it is very difficult to start. I recently realized that some side to side wiggle in the seat while trying to start makes it catch almost immediately. I thought initially that there was junk in the fuel so I sea foamed it to no avail. I replaced the fuel pump and sender about 5 years ago. Dropped the tank and there's no squirrel damage. I have gas loving squirrels and they have chewed my wiring before. The relay is new. Tonight I'm going to check for voltage at the connector KOEO and also check the pressure, but it seems more like the pump itself, or the bulkhead connections might have an intermittent issue. The reason I replaced it in the first place was continuity through one lead going to the pump that was broke internal to where it passes through the mount flange. The truck has been stumbling for a bit before all this came to a head and I thought there was water in the fuel, but it seems more likely the pump is just dropping out. I'm going to be ticked if it really is the FP assembly. Might have to 'trouble shoot' it with a large caliber if it is. What should I expect for fuel pressure?

I love it! "My fuel pump runs if I wiggle the seat!"

LOOSE CONNECTION ANYONE ? ?

Not laughing at you, laughing at the clever squirrel.

Back