Fuel pump or pcm | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuel pump or pcm

Once I get all these bugs worked out I have a 5.5 super lift new in the box I’m planning on installing after the front end gets rebuilt of course

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Some of the trace on that is very rotten. You will need bodge wires. 22-24 gauge.
The bulb type desolder tool is easier to use than the plunger type.
Make sure you clean the conformal coating off before heating.
Do continuity checks on all of the surrounding "via"s. And reflow/resolder them.

You can do it!

Re soldered the circuit board and running a old used fuel pump/sending unit in a 5 gallon bucket. Pump is priming for 2 seconds. pressure quickly jumped to around 32 psi and is holding steady at 32 while idling. Drops to 30 psi under a load. Waiting for the new pump before I replace the fuel filter. Everything seems to be running good for now. Not sure how long my soldering job will last though

Good job. Might last a long while.

She’s not my daily anymore so I’m gonna roll with it until it starts acting up again

The other board was fine until the acid got it.

30-32 psi is good!

everyone had told me to get rid of her over the years but I just can’t seem to part ways with the old girl.

I wouldn’t first gens are tanks
Anytime we get a clean gen i around here I drool they were built so tough!! Ttb forever!

Back