fusion key | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

fusion key

cmk0808

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
i have an 06 eb explorer=. i bouight a fusion key and cut it. the remote programmed fine but the key itself wont. i have programmed other keys and it works fine with regular keys. I want this fusion key to work. Does this not work with an 06? i see people with 02-05 have it and it works.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site.. :)
When you are programming the new key I assume you are using the original 2 keys to enter programming mode correct?

Welcome to the site.. :)
When you are programming the new key I assume you are using the original 2 keys to enter programming mode correct?
He said the programming was fine, but the key didn't work.

@ CMK0808 - Make sure the key (metal area) is the same length and width and make sure it was cut correctly.

He said the programming was fine, but the key didn't work.

@ CMK0808 - Make sure the key (metal area) is the same length and width and make sure it was cut correctly.

He said the remote programming was fine, not the key programing. Remember that the Fusion key has the keyless entry remote built into the key.

Won't work. Been there, tried that.

funny how it works on an 02-05 ex and not an 06+ ex.

Yup. I tried it on an '07 Sport Trac. I tried a Fusion key and an Escape key (no trunk button).

Back