• Register Today It's free!

Gas pedal sticks

ivldenis

Reaction score
City, State
Gyumri
Year, Model & Trim Level
FE5 2012 Limited
I apologize, I am writing through a translator. FE5 2012 294 Lim+. Mileage 98,000 km. The problem first appeared two months ago. I'm starting to overtake. I press the gas pedal all the way, but it remains fully pressed. I started knocking on the pedal, it returned to its normal position. I replaced the gas pedal with a new one. Cleaned the throttle. And then two months later the problem repeated itself. I started driving, pressed the gas pedal to the floor, and it remained pressed. The pedal does not touch anything and does not cling to anything. I connected the OBD2 scanner - no errors. What could it be? Could the electrician be at fault? PCM?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Throttle body...the butterfly shaft is sticking. Similar issue with G/F's Escape

Got it right. If the throttle valve is stuck open, will the pedal not return?
That shouldn't happen.
There is no direct link between the pedal and throttle body like older cars.

With the car off, see if you can replicate it. Try pushing the pedal down with pressure in different areas to see if there's one that makes it repeatable.
If you can recreate it, stick you head under and look around to see if you can identify what might be causing it to stick.

No. There is no way to artificially cause a problem. When you press between the pedal and the wall about 5 centimeters.

problem like mine: Ford Explorer Accelerator Stuck Problems - part 1
"Accelerator Stuck problem of the 2014 Ford Explorer"
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
In the article you linked, I see that only one 5th-generation Explorer is reporting the problem. Have you checked all of the links involved?

translated
Добро пожаловать на Форум. :волна:
В статье, на которую вы ссылаетесь, я вижу, что только один Explorer 5-го поколения сообщает о проблеме. Вы проверили все задействованные ссылки?

Peter

Thank you. I mean, I'm not alone with this problem. Everything is written exactly like mine. There may be a problem with the cruise control. he can also control the accelerator pedal. I want to try cleaning the contacts of the control units. I would be much calmer if the pedal really clung to something. But that's not true. Now I was climbing again under the pedal. I didn’t really like that the pedal assembly itself, which adjusts the height, seems to wobble a little.

turned out to be a rug. I was catching the edge of the right corner of the pedal. Found it after washing.

turned out to be a rug. I was catching the edge of the right corner of the pedal. Found it after washing.
Thank you for reporting that. :thumbsup:

Peter

Back