• Register Today It's free!

Gas Pedal TransmissShift Cable

dnellans

Reaction score
City, State
Salt Lake City, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XL
I went in to do the throttle cable mod a few days ago but unhappily found my throttle body already opened to 100% even though there was a little play in the pedel. To remove the play though I got under there to add a few zip-tys anyways.

When I was under there I found my cables looked like this...
Splices.jpg

the cable on the left, if you turn your head so the picture is oriented properly, is the throttle cable which 3 miniziptys took the slack out of nicely. The cable on the right is the tranny shift cable. Notice how there is an extra 1-2 inches of slack in that!?!? I had my tranny replaced 30,000 miles ago and it has always shifted fine since then (heck it never shifted bad before it blew the first one) but seeing all this slack makes me a bit wary. does anyone else have pictures of theirs I can see or know what a properly adjusted cable should be as far as slack? Even with the gas floored it doesn't pull on the shift cable at all...

any thoughts?
dave

by the way those splices are for the Bulldog Remote starter I installed which will be getting a full writeup soon for you all...

Back