Gatorblazer's Elite | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gatorblazer's Elite

Gatorblazer's Elite (Updated)

***********Continually updating. Check the end of the thread for new stuff*****

Due to the large amount of cash I have saved due to this site, and because I have two of these wonderful SUV's, I decided to become elite. I would love to post pics, but am having a bit of trouble. So until then, I will tell a little about myself and the Explorer's.

My wife and I live in Bham with our doglike cat Putter. He is a stray I found while working on a sewer replacement. He sounds like a little Briggs motor just putting around, so she named him Putter. We have two Explorer's a 93 and a 95 both 2wd. The 95 is a salvage title (rolled 4 times) with 175K and no problems, no leaks. Best car Ive ever had. Mine is a bit different. It leaks oil and only has 126K with a clean title. Lesson learned, only buy rolled Fords. But I love it anyways.

I'm currently searching for the elusive law enforcement job (everything require "experience", which is hard to get if no one will hire you), while the wife is finishing nursing school. I'll shoot them, she'll patch them. Our kids will be so screwed up!

Currently I being forced to wait on mods due to the wife's tution, however she is very supportive of my "hobby". No problems waiting, we've paid cash for school this way and are DEBT FREE! I have the XM backed by the cheap Walmart tape deck, super cool anti-theft shelf in the cargo area, and Rod Saver Fishing rod holders. Once again, pics would be nice but still having trouble.

Thank you all for all the tips, both past present and future!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for joining the Elites. It's a great honor!

-Drew

Gentelmen thank you. Still having issues with the pictures. This time its too large. Any ideas? Technology sometimes gets the best of me.

Bama brother, nice. Welcome!

go to downloads.com and dl an image resizer program. very simple to use, it will knock you picture down to a size that is able to be posted. also makes a picture take up much less room and more email friendly.

BTW, thanks for joining.

nice to see you start this elite thing but we need pics have you tried what i said about making a photo gallery casue when i tried to attach pics to a post it said they were too big but i had no problem makeing a photo gallery then you can just copy and paste them img. into your post.

Thought thats what I tried, but not sure. Think it may be a Win98 thing. Will try tommorrow on the office PC. Pics are on CD and ready for upload.

House Pics

The first pic is the BHAM, the second is the house

Attachments

• Birmingham Skyline.jpg
    Birmingham Skyline.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 755
  • House and Ex pic.jpg
    House and Ex pic.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 759

Pics of the 93 after a day of fun with my brother

Attachments

• Drivers side pic.jpg
    Drivers side pic.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 771
  • Left corner pic.jpg
    Left corner pic.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 751
  • Right Corner pic.jpg
    Right Corner pic.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 754

Interior pics. I have the awesome Walmart tape deck with the XM. The subs were a trade from my brother for an old Bersa 380 that he took with him on patrol in New Orleans post Katrina. In the later pics you can see the shelf I built for security. We have a problem with crackheads looking into our cars and breaking into them in my neighborhood. When the gate is closed and you look into the window, all you can see is carpet, decreasing % of a break in. The straps on the trim peices are my fishing rod holders.

Attachments

• Both Rod Holders pic.jpg
    Both Rod Holders pic.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 743
  • rod holder pic.jpg
    rod holder pic.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 734
  • XM pic.jpg
    XM pic.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 743
  • Stereo Pic.jpg
    Stereo Pic.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 756

Cover pics

Attachments

• Rear cover pic.jpg
    Rear cover pic.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 738
  • rear cover gate closed.jpg
    rear cover gate closed.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 737

1st two are the rear of the 93, the last on is the 95 (wifes)

Attachments

• 95 rear pic.jpg
    95 rear pic.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 746
  • Rear Window Pic.jpg
    Rear Window Pic.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 744
  • Rear Window Pic 2.jpg
    Rear Window Pic 2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 729

The Putt and my southside security system!

Attachments

• The Putt pic.jpg
    The Putt pic.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 725
  • Taurus PT111 pic.jpg
    Taurus PT111 pic.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 725

Found one more from the camping trip. This is the 95 with my trailer behind. Pic is on top of Cheaha Mt. with some low clouds in the background. Trailer was lifted to match the lift on my old Ramcharger.

Attachments

• Chinnabe pic.jpg
    Chinnabe pic.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 728

^^^ me too! one pull and problem solved.

Also i dig the range rover style rear cargo cover thingie. WHere did you get that?

Thanks! Made from 2x4's, plywood, and indoor/outdoor carpet. Built it like you would a deck. Like I said, we have a problem with window shoppers in my hood (literally). This was done to prevent the shopping and B&E.

Sadly the XM subcription and lift will be put on hold for a while. We will be buying a house this week, and hve decided to pay the thing off in less than 10 yrs. This means sacrifice including the Direct TV. Thank goodness Flordia is always on CBS!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice pics! nice to see nother bama in the house

Back