Gilmer- Dec. 28th | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gilmer- Dec. 28th

bump for a roll call....

we still goin?:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will not be there. My 1996 F-150 was involved in a accident last night and is ow totalled. Being that this is what I use to pull the truck it looks like I wont be there. Also never finished the work on my trail explorer.

I'm there.. sorry to hear about that brian, everyone ok?

Yes, all are fine. Insurance is going to fix it. 4,100.00 worth in damage. But will not have it back by Gilmer trip.

run

ok Im there but will someone please send me directions to where we will meet I am coming fromLubbock and I can get to dallas or athens. Is this an overnighter ?? it will be for me.

Re: run

Originally posted by Texastiger295
ok Im there but will someone please send me directions to where we will meet I am coming fromLubbock and I can get to dallas or athens. Is this an overnighter ?? it will be for me.
this is a generic map of how to get there.
attachment.php

you can do a google map search for Barnwell Mountain Gilmer Texas and get more complete directions/maps if you need. we will be there Friday night and Saturday. there will be a campfire and much beer consumed (that night, not on the trail). :)

Man i was reading all this and i wanted to go but ill be in el paso... I wasnt too worried about running stock cause i aint .. i dont have much but i got kuhmo 32 11.50 15 on my truck and they kick as.. but at least i know where it is now.. Have fun guys..

I'm going to have to back out of this. Some family stuff has come up that I need to take care of here. Plus it looks like it might rain.

aight well im going im still debating on taking my truck or my moms car. i think im going to take the x gas milage sucks but hey ill fit in... but i will be there friday night do yall want me to bring my tent its a 2 room. and i think its going to rain saturday but itll be clear friday.

jason

getting ready to start loading up. bump.

y'all have fun and take tons of picts.

just got back, and im so tired i cant even think straight. ive got a few pics, but sureshot40sw got most of the good ones. ill try and get more up tommorrow. Dejello is now considered the only big dog i know of on 33's. i cant even believe some of the trails he did with little or no trouble. we somehow got invited to run with another group which consisted of-

dana60/70 chevy with 44's

2 wranglers on 33's

a cut to hell blazer on 35's

we did mostly 3-4 rated trails. oddly enough, it seemed as though i had more trouble than dejello did. one thing i learned (which i already knew) is that i need more wheelbase.

ill let dejello explain this one. :D

Attachments

• dejello1.jpg
    dejello1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 173

....here's another of 'jello. hard to tell from the pic, but that is a steep @ss hill.

Attachments

• dejello2.jpg
    dejello2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 169

Originally posted by james t
ill let dejello explain this one. :D
Um, it had something to do with rocks... You mean there wasn't a grocery store there?

Damn, looks like Jello was getting a little crazier than last time!

dejello was full on hardcore plain and simple. i was nervous at the begining that maybe i would take him on some trails that would get him in trouble, but that fear quickly fell to the wayside once i saw him wheel. :D

here are a few carnage pics of mine. i have no idea how the fender flare stayed on, as the top of the fender is dented in now-
rash2.jpg

rear has some rash down to the old paint and a busted side marker-
rash1.jpg

i dont have many pics, gotta wait for sureshot to get his developed and ill post more.

here is another one of 'jello. if he had some lockage on the front to go along with the rear he would have been unstoppable. :D

Attachments

• dejello3.jpg
    dejello3.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 163

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sweet

how could it possible be cold in TX?

its gonna be low 50's here today! feels pretty good

pics are cool lookin, wish i could have made it, but i would have needed some cash for gas, errr

Shane

Back