• Register Today It's free!

going to lower

anti*commander

Reaction score
City, State
algonquin, IL.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer XLT
So im going to lower my xplorer. If i do torsion twists do i have to get an alignment, if so how urgent is it. Do i have to buy new shocks, if so, how urgent. Im working on little money now but would like to get alot done.

So im going to lower my xplorer. If i do torsion twists do i have to get an alignment, if so how urgent is it. Do i have to buy new shocks, if so, how urgent. Im working on little money now but would like to get alot done.

I seriously recommend saving the money-or buying parts one by one until you can do this completely and correctly--alignment and shorter shocks are definitely needed--(some say no to the shorter shocks, however they engineered them for a reason)
Plan on an alignment appointment directly after installing-

If you don't, you'll be buying new front tires soon--

okay, well i just got a paycheck so i can do this if i really want, i just need to know what shocks would be good for me.

The first time I dropped the front I never got an alignment or installed the camber adjusters and I wore through my front tires in about a week. This time I dropped it as much as possible, installed camber adjusters and so far haven't seen any signs of wearing. Waiting for a day off to get an alignment.

This is why I wore through tire:

891341145_l.png

Back