got a flat tonight =( | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

got a flat tonight =(

Tonight on the way to my g/fs cousins car accident I got a flat and I changed it but my tires are 31x10.5's and my spare is the regular 265 or what ever it is. Then to top it off as I was reeling the flat tire up under the truck the cable decided it was to rusty to stay together and the tire came down and is now sitting next to my amps and sub.

Is there anyway to fix this cable easily? and also will riding with 1 tire smaller then the rest affect anything? (Depending if its patchable or not I may be on it for awhile) Its a 94 so its not auto4x4, I know with those there would be issues but what about on my truck? Thanks for any help you guys can give me, Jon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As long as its not an automatic4x4 or AWD, then you should be fine. I'm not sure whether or not you have a limited slip in the rear axle but if you do, you may want to consider putting the odd-sized spare tire up front.

you will more than likely have to replace the whole cable

-Drew

thanks for the help guys, how do I figure out if I have L.S. ? I know when I spin my tires one spins while the other doesnt do much at all and the power doesnt transfer to the wheel thats not spinning, so is it safe to assume its not a l.s.?

Remember you will have serious stability issues with handling, and braking making you X unsafe to drive in addition to the issued mentioned above.

thewishkah said:
thanks for the help guys, how do I figure out if I have L.S. ?
I think one way to tell is if you look at the little sticker on the side of ur driver's door, the "Axle code" will have a "D" on it -- which indicates a Limited Slip.

I just saw it for the first time in day light and wow what a difference in size lol . I drove it about 20 miles on the spare and havent had any issues with stability or braking.

spare tire wintch

hi do you need the cable for the spare mount?i have good clean ones .thanks,karl

Back