Got into an accident | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got into an accident

Well some dumb girl pulled out in front of me.

Did nothing to my truck but her door is gone.

It's a lot worse than it looks for her.

Attachments

• PICT0001.jpg
    PICT0001.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 447
  • PICT0002.jpg
    PICT0002.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 445
  • PICT0003.jpg
    PICT0003.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 435
  • PICT0004.jpg
    PICT0004.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 440

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man that sucks, but your safe and your truck is. I can see it looks like your tire dug into her door

Is your vehicle "road legal" in your state? Just wondering cauz I got grilled 20 times by the cops over when my Explorer was still registered.

The little known rare, full width axle safety feature:D

must have scared her to see that huge truck coming into her door...lol

HAHAHAHAAHAHAA

Thats so great man. Glad there was no damage but hahahahahahahahaha

I enjoyed that.......

I was pissed becuase i saw her up the road all over the place. I should have know she was gonna pull something that dumb.

Road legal hieght? No, but the trooper didn't even care..let alone ask about it.

Thing is she doesn't even have insurance.

EDIT: Anyone notice my running boards? i decided that jumping was getting old :D

that sux bout ur mounty but glad u and the mounty r ok

Man just watch out. This crap can come back to get you. Be legal about it and you will be good.

I go to court in April over a car accident two years ago!!!

Is that a kid strapped into a car seat in the back??

No insurance is just plain irresponsible.

EDIT: Anyone notice my running boards? i decided that jumping was getting old :D

You just need to build some rock sliders, and build removable drop down steps into them, someone has done it on here. They looked pretty good, and all you had to do was remove a couple of bolts and you had all of your clearance back when you wanted to go play.

thats funny as hell (assuming of course that your right and you have no damage). your tire is the size of her door... if she had pulled out a little sooner you woulda ran right up over her trunk

Uh-ho, better get Maaco...

Is your vehicle "road legal" in your state? Just wondering cauz I got grilled 20 times by the cops over when my Explorer was still registered.

not really, but most of the cops aren't real saavy to that part of the code either. State Troopers (aka Road Nazi's) are the only ones that will give you a real problem for your vehicle not meeting regs. By rights, "passenger" vehicles as SUV's are registered in this state are not to have more than 22" from the bottom of the stock bumper to ground. Tires are not supposed to stick out more than 6" from the fender.

LOL reminds me of when the Zukman had some blonde bimbo drive in-between the front and rear axles of his stock F-250 4x4, she was trying to beat him out of the parking lot on the right no less. She was under the truck and he drove right over her!!! roflmao "can we say urban rock crawling!"

Gotta know was she blonde??? he he

I was looking at the kid in the back, too:confused:

That truck is a beast to be driving down the road, and is plenty safe! Good thing you don't have any damage!

Trooper called me just now and said he gave her a citiation. Shes screwed for no insurance but i don't care, as my truck is fine.

Chris, it actually was a road nazi that i called. He didnt even caRE.

She wanted to leave and just exchange info..as well as begged me not to call anyone, but i remembered Burns' deal so i said "go if you want but i will tell him you left the scene".
The last thing i need is the whole "my neck hurts" BS.

And this folks.. is why you should lift!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back in the day before the interweb and digital cameras everywhere i ran right over a car the pulled out in front of me. He ran a stop sign and i hit him in a '78 F150 with 44's and 12"s of lift. I was doing 35-40 and he was in an AMC Gremlin. Witnesses said it looked like a monster truck event from ESPN. I landed 15 or so feet from him and broke my transfer case somewhere in the accident. The guy i hit was totally fine and his insurance bought me a new transfer case. Back then it wasn't really that big a deal but i really wish i had pictures because it was awesome, could have been real bad but no one was hurt.

Back