got my HID kit finally | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

got my HID kit finally

i'm SO excited...install pics to come..i gotta install them ASAP! :D

220032259.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Brand? Kelvin temp? Going into diamonds or stocks?

afboy143, look at his signature, they are 6000k HIDs going into dimond headlights...lol...an off day eh?...

Looks good guy, can't wait to see pics with them in.

o0o0oeeeee shoot me now, skool and work kill me late at night trying to stay up

6000k flowlighting(i think thats the brand) kit..well put together i might add.

OMG...these are AMAZING. i had no idea the differance i was going to see. i reaimed them and then parked it on our road and took my dads truck an backed down to see if there was going to be alot of glare. and i noticed none. i feel i did a pretty good job of getting them close to perfect.

LEFT silver star...............RIGHT 6000K HID
221275430.jpg

both HIDs in
221294439.jpg

up close
221322923.jpg

on the road..(in person you get the idea of how bright they are)
221342616.jpg

got a nice cut off
221354295.jpg

they are just awsome..i dont know of any other way to put it. money WELL spent.

how much were they and where did you get them from if you dont mind me asking

Take some pictures where the beam isnt directly in the camera:) I wanna see how they are in diamond lights....mine are in the stock housing.

Sweet, can't wait to get mine!!

drooooool!!!!....i'm ordering the HIDs tomarrow...lol....awesome, they look freaking awesome!!!!...congrads

i got it at the www.fordrides.com store http://www.fordrides.com//store/ind...Path=6&zenid=833f6765948d7ab8ea3cd357b478ca8f

payed $250 shipped to my door...and i could not be more happy with it. the drive over to my moms was amazing. the differance on the road is crazy. i'm prolly going to have my dad and grandpa get a kit also for there trucks.

one problem i have now tho. my message center when the lights are on keeps saying "check headlamps" i know its due to the fact the HIDs use less watts then normal bulbs. but is there anyway to fix it?

whoops

mmmm gotta love the 35 watt draw (stock is 55)
250$ is not a bad price at all shipped

would these fit a 98 Sport, also did you loose your highbeams?

Those are fantastic photos. The pic of the two different brands is awsome. The one on the snow covered rd. is cool. Need to get me some for my X so when I do my medical runs late at night I can see all those deer that like to play bumper pool with me on a nightly bases. Wonder if I can get something like that for my B2 project? A very informative post :thumbsup:

Did you loose your high beams? To correct the check head lamps just pull the headlight wire thgat goesinto the message center thing. I am thinking that that would correct that if not it would be on at all times. Could you put a 55W bulp in with the HID kit? and how easy were they to install? Could you take some pics of the wirring?

Yeah how exactly does the high beams work, is there any down time when switching to the high beams or do you just loose the highbeams all to gether?

Sorry one more questioin for you. With you diamond headlights, did it have a little doo-hicky thing inside of the light.. it covers the bulb. If so did you remove it.

FOr other people that have some knowledge about this doo-hicky thing. If I decide to get these should I remove it or leave it in.

Thanks

Jeremy

the doo hicky is a reflector to help reduce glare and help the light reflect off the housing instead of just shining straight forward thus lighting up more of the road.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Big change! I like the new look.

Back