• Register Today It's free!

Greetings from OKC

GremlinExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma City, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer Sport
Just wanting to introduce myself and share some details about my Explorer and what plans I have in store for it...

My name is Chris and I consider myself odd in the my hobbies include things like:
- gaming (tabletop rpg and console based)
- off roading
- computers
- my kids
- lending a hand with misc repairs/upgrades to their (mostly) Jeeps

I currently own a 1999 Ford Explorer Sport 2wd (Currently Named PJ or Puddle Jumper but once the conversions begins she'll be re-christened Gremlin) that is for the pretty much stock. However, my future plans include (but are not limited to):
- Solid axle swap
- Spring over axle swap
- 4wd conversion including swap transmission and adding tcase
- Long arm lift w/coil over shocks
- Rebuilding the 4.0 V6
- Tube bumpers front and rear
- Swing out tire carrier rear
- Lockers both front and rear
- Re-gear rear axle for better mileage and torque

That about covers the overall list of changes in store for my Explorer, but then again that list is like most things...subject to change.

I'd love to hear any advice anyone might have, positive or negative feedback is always appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like some ambitious plans. I'm looking forward to watching your build:chug:

They are definitely that...I was debating on letting it go and getting something a little bigger (as I have 3 kids) for the possibilities of traveling, but since KBB isn't too kind to her, I made the decision to keep and upgrade the Explorer and get a secondary vehicle while the upgrades take place

Welcome to the forum fellow Okie! This site is much more friendly than several of the others I know of.

Good luck. There's lots of good information on here if you search for it, sometimes you have to play with the wording to find what you're after.

Haven't picked up the second vehicle or officially started the project yet, currently in school and only working part time... Although I'm hoping for either a truck or larger suv for my secondary vehicle

Back