• Register Today It's free!

Grille guard installation

efv1980

Reaction score
City, State
Springfield MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Sport Trac Limited
I just purchased and installed a grille guard on my 08 ST Limited. The lower brackets went on without any issues but I had the upper support brackets left over without anywhere to put them. There are no holes on the grille guard itself and no corresponding holes in the grille(which I removed while looking for a place to put the upper brackets). The grille guard seems very sturdy with just the lower brackets but I want to be sure they wont fail at some point in the future. I was wondering if anyone has one installed on their ST and what they did to resolve this issue. Any advice is much appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't have any advice since I haven't installed one but I'm just requesting some pics!

How to post pics

I would love to post pics but haven't figured out how to. There isn't an "add attachment" button or icon anywhere.

I would love to post pics but haven't figured out how to. There isn't an "add attachment" button or icon anywhere.
You have to host the pictures elsewhere. Photobucket.com is free. You upload the image then post the link on the page here.

I mounted a grill guard on my truck but I am drawing a blank on "upper support brackets". There was three or four bolts on each frame member. Grill guards and bull bars typically only bolt to the frame.

Looks good. Airies? I don't have one on my ST, but have on previous trucks. Wouldn't sweat the upper brackets. Typically they go thru a grille opening and attach to the header panel, often at the radiators upper mounts. This is the reason many people call grille guards "damage multipliers". And the same reason my last 2 trucks guards were frame mounted only -- the upper support brackets went into a box somewhere.

Thanks for the feedback Trac Marks. I just wanted to be sure it wasn't required hardware but according to everyone I've spoken to it will be just fine with only the frame brackets. It was a ***** to install but I think it turned out great.

I got the Aries Bullbar on mine and there's a pretty good video on youtube.com that goes over the installation. If they're similar mounts it should work. Just search Sport Trac Bullbar installation on youtube.

Here are a few photos of the installed product.

IMG_4554_zps91fce6f8.jpg

25c8bc1d-b294-423e-97b4-4f95d82efcc0_zpsb4057086.jpg

44783283-a053-40ce-8517-7f2cf726ed91_zps0a6ce12e.jpg

IMG_4557_zps8342357a.jpg

fixed yer pics

Back