Number4

"I'm counting to 3, then I'm getting your dad."
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Woodstock, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Ford Explorer 4.6l
Okay, got my '94 up and running, runs great. It's been down since August of 2014.

I'm left with a ground strap which I figured was for the hood, but putting the hood on, I realized it still had its own attached. So I've got this 8"(?) ground strap and I'm not sure where it supposed to go.

I realize I can just put one anywhere, but would like to return the Ex to OE.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On my V8 it's hooked to the left rear corner of the lower intake.

No only do you need battery to engine ground but you also need body to engine ground to make stuff work right.

That ground strap thing that's on the hood at the passenger side corner has never been connected in 5 years...I see no problems. On mine the attachment point disintegrated & now is too short to connect to anything.

I'm not as concerned about the hood one, but I'd like to get the other one installed. Everything runs good, but it was installed for a reason. Hoping someone can post a picture.

Maybe you should post a pic, showing what you're talking about. Take a pic of the end that's still connected.

Hood would only be for light anyway. Agree, pic's worth the thousand words. Even yours as good as your descriptions tend to be.

Here's a pic, stretched taught, it's 16" long.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 679

From memory, that kinda reminds me of the one that goes from the engine block to the windshield wiper motor.

From memory, that kinda reminds me of the one that goes from the engine block to the windshield wiper motor.

Well, sure looks like something is missing from my wiper motor ground. So where's the other end go?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 6,749

Other end goes to the back of the right cylinder head.

My 94 has two in this location. One goes to the body ( as stated above ) the other goes to the frame under the a/c box. Just uses a clip that pinches the frame rail.

Specific locations don't matter. Just make sure you have a ground strap from engine-to-body, engine-to-frame, frame-to-body.

Specific locations don't matter. Just make sure you have a ground strap from engine-to-body, engine-to-frame, frame-to-body.

^^ This. Probably wouldn't hurt to wire brush the area and strap and then throw some dielectric grease on too.

Back