H.I.R Technology? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

H.I.R Technology?

Alright, does anyone else have any information about this new halogen technology called H.I.R. I have found limited amouts of it around on the internet, but was wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with it.

****And no, I didn't mistype...H.I.R not HID. I know what HID is.****

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here you go.

HIR stands for Halogen-IR. An IR (infrared) coating is placed on the filament tube of some of our halogen lamps. This multiple layer coating not only absorbs UV but also re-directs IR (heat) back onto the filament. By re-directing the IR back to the filament, the lamp produces more light for the same amount of energy and the amount of heat generated by the lamp is reduced when compared to standard Halogen products. Therefore HIR saves money by:

Lowering UV emissions
Reducing energy costs
Lessening A/C loads
Improving preservation of perishable displays

Ok.

My A-pillar lamp was HIR, very nice.

I contacted IPF about their HIR bulbs. The bulbs sound really great. They only offer them in a 9005 and a 9006. So I'm out of luck I guess. The guy at IPF sent me a PDF file that shows the bulbs. I would like to upload it here, but don't really remember how.

Oh Yeah Alec

Where did you get your HIR light for the A pillar

Back