HappyGilmore's newly lifted X | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HappyGilmore's newly lifted X

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah i got it back about a month and a half ago. he didnt finish it and he had had it for like 2 months and so i said ####it give it back to me, i need to get to work and school. so he had an extra set of hoops that were entry level quality. they wernt even made for my truck (for a ranger) but they wiould work for street use. so here i am a month later from getting it back and nothing to show for it. gonna git r done soon tho....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

might as well hes got the majority of it made, just needs to be welded together......

i was thinking about cutting my losses with him but its like double the cost for the same quality/style/thickness/ blah blah at any other shop. the season is over so im not too worried about having it for trips so as long as its driving now i can take it to him any time its convienent for me.

Whoa whoa whoa...!! There is no "season" for off-roading. Even for desert bombers man!! If the desert is too hot for you, you just find other places to go. I'll drive to LB and slap you for that one. :p

FROADER said:
Whoa whoa whoa...!! There is no "season" for off-roading. Even for desert bombers man!! If the desert is too hot for you, you just find other places to go. I'll drive to LB and slap you for that one. :p
hahahahahahhahaha yeah i work full time as a lifeguard in HB so im kinda busy making money in the summer anyway. my wallet needs a break as well as my truck haha. belive me i can handle the heat, i make multiple trips to Havasu :D

hahah we switch every day.... good thing we do or else id get slapped by you hahah.

oh and kyle lindo works for the city beach, i work for the state down on magnolia and pch.

dammit i just got my fix it ticket for mud flaps signed off about 2 weeks ago and i got another one yesterday :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

i havent read this thread in a long time, but it looks like your going through way more crap with your truck than i am with mine. but i was looking at all the pictures and stuff. his welds just broke, it doesnt even look like there was originally good penatration into the base metal. not saying he cant weld, but it just looks like the welds to the frame weren't up to par with the kind of abuse you put the truck through. i was also looking at the pics of the engine cage you want, and everyone else is wondering why the **** isnt done, but if this guy is just doing the work kind of in his spare time, then that is why it is taking so long. TIG welding is sort of an art, and it takes alot of time to run a pass. it is nothing like mig, so to make a cage like you pictured with that many gussets(or whatever those hole things are called) is going to take alot of time to do it properly.

on the other hand, if this guy is doing this in a full time kind of way, then there is no excuse for it not to be done in 2 months.

i also agree that the guy should have backed his work up more.

p.s. sorry if all this has already been discussed, but i just though i would toss my 2 cents in, but i love your truck, i think it looks awesome and sort of wish i had a 2wd.... almost :D

well all problems solved now. i picked up a 98 F150 extended cab 4.6 v8. tow rig and DD. now i can give my exploder to him for however long. i might start a thread on the F150 with pics.

hey where'd you get your fenders and your front bumper?

Back