Haspin Acres December 15th

taxx

Make em say Ugh
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
73 EB
So the plan is set for the 15th! Haspin Acres.

Any of you boys (or girls) from Ohio or Kentucky up for it? It is in Laurel Indiana.

Indy7 Folks - I say since I am in no hurry to get up :) we meet at Bob Evans for breakfast at around 7:30am. Those that don't want breakfast can meet us at 8:15am at Bob Evans. Then we can roll out.

Bob Evans is located on east Washington St. just west of 465 (on the east side of town). It is on the southside of the road. There is a Chi-Chi's and a hotel there.

It went great! We all had a blast. Haspin has very few rocks, just little ones. But a lot of trails for full size rigs, and a LOT of mud. I should have video/pics in a few days. My video isn't that great, I need more practice, plus it is hard to shoot and drive at the same time. But I'll edit it down and have something fun to watch.

Day started off sort of slow... trails we hit first looked scary and muddy, I got stuck right away (1 of 3), not too much effort to get it out. Then we went scouting for trails and found some more. The mud was good old indiana clay, so the tires didn't clean out too well. Found a fun little trail and answered my question about whether or not to remove the sport fender flares. Very kind of that tree to decide for me... then we went in search of more trails, there is one main road that is like a rally track to run on and that is a blast! sever more mudd puddles and trails and mud hill climbs later we were caked in mud. Randy had fun and it was fun watching him with his A/Ts that might as well have been slicks. But those stock Xterras will surprise you as much as a stock Explorer. Then I found some more off camber ruts that looked fun... it was till I broke through some ice and got stuck again , pulled out easy and that became the stuck of the day. Then onto more fun. Ate lunch then found a little place where the tractors play. took a good fifteen minutes to get me out of that and almost got Mike stuck. That became the stuck of the day but unfortunately no video of that so then we played some more and did a lot of doughnuts in the mud. Mike got a 3 pointer in my drivers window with a turd, but I think I might have gotten him back later. All in all a great day. Only carnage was my fender flare. Coolest thing was only two other trucks out there and a few dirts and quads.

Did I miss anything?

Back