SMORR 2011....Official thread | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SMORR 2011....Official thread

How wet is it down in that area. Have you guys started to dry out from your monsoon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How wet is it down in that area. Have you guys started to dry out from your monsoon.

My area is back to normal again.

I talked to Brandon about that the other day, he said the park is fine, as the 400' elevation diff in the park helps it dry fast. He did say the creeks were higher than normal from all the run off, but expects it to be back to normal by the time we get there. The campgrounds are dry and fit for tents.

Now this is the park owner speaking, and he wouldn't just say its a mess, don't bother coming out, as that is just bad for his bizz. I'm sure there is some wet areas, like in the back of the park where its lower than the rest. We have been there when it's wet, and we still had a blast. We will just see when we get there. If your worried about it, just pack accordingly. ;)

My area is back to normal again.

I talked to Brandon about that the other day, he said the park is fine, as the 400' elevation diff in the park helps it dry fast. He did say the creeks were higher than normal from all the run off, but expects it to be back to normal by the time we get there. The campgrounds are dry and fit for tents.

Now this is the park owner speaking, and he wouldn't just say its a mess, don't bother coming out, as that is just bad for his bizz. I'm sure there is some wet areas, like in the back of the park where its lower than the rest. We have been there when it's wet, and we still had a blast. We will just see when we get there. If your worried about it, just pack accordingly. ;)

If it is wet,anything like frostbite was,it will be a mess with all the rigs that are suppose to be there!! I hope not either way it will be fun.

Were going to mount our wheel'n tires today,and check our camping gear.

I'm planning on leaving gas about ten o'clock friday morning.That will put us there around 2 or 2:30 What time are everyone else planning on getting there.

Looking forward to a great weekennd of wheel'n and meeting some new faces.

lets all be safe getting there !!!:salute:

I expected it to be muddy :D Just wanted to know if it was going to be a swamp or not.

I should be there by Noon Fri. Takes me awhile to set up camp. :rolleyes:

This time around I am relying on the food offered by the park, and not planning on cooking a thing. Will be less to pack, less to worry about, and more time doing other things besides worrying about cooking.

Still have to do Smores at Smorr though. :D

I really don't think we have much to worry too much as far as mud goes. There is always mud there somewhere, but I expect it to be close to normal. How the trails have reacted to the rains and big rigs wheeling is a different story though.

Think we'll be down around 5 or 6ish. I managed to get off work @ 12 friday...drive back up to Columbia then a drive all the way back down to Seymour lol. I dont think I'll be making very good time with 33's and 4.56's.

Going to be such a great way to start this summer!

Count me in sat dinner!

As far as the park being a muddy mess, not really maybe only on back side, but ive been there when pooring down rain all day and since there is so much rock, on alot of the trails it didnt matter, and most the ones it didnt matter are the ones we will be running in this group!

Greg I forgot to load front diff, before heading back to Columbia??? Not sure if I will be going back to Linn or leaving straight from Columbia?? Unsure if anyone even coming with me, they seem to flake out....

Count me in sat dinner!

As far as the park being a muddy mess, not really maybe only on back side, but ive been there when pooring down rain all day and since there is so much rock, on alot of the trails it didnt matter, and most the ones it didnt matter are the ones we will be running in this group!

Greg I forgot to load front diff, before heading back to Columbia??? Not sure if I will be going back to Linn or leaving straight from Columbia?? Unsure if anyone even coming with me, they seem to flake out....

Don't worry about the diff. I can get it another time. I got you down for the dinner. As long as your there, that's all that matters. :thumbsup:

Guys, I apologize, but I am not going to be able to make it this year. :( I have been looking at the numbers for a couple days trying to figure out a way to get there, but the money just isn't there. As much as I'd like to spend it on wheelin' with you, I'm gonna do the smart thing here and save it. The house we bought needs 1 of everything as far as appliances go, and its hard to use the rig for cooking, refrigeration, and washing clothes, lol.

I am going to try and get down to Jon or Mark's place before Friday and drop off the stuff I have for Gregg, Steve, and Dave. Hopefully Mark can make room for Gregg and Steve's stuff and get it to SMORR for me.

Take lots of pics, and have fun!

Is it friday yet?? LOL at this point looks like Im leaving around 3:30 friday afternoon and should be there around 6:30 Pm, time to get my tent setup and ready for night run :) I forgot to grab a chainsaw, so if anyone else has one that would be handy to bring for building our bonfires.

Guys, I apologize, but I am not going to be able to make it this year. :( I have been looking at the numbers for a couple days trying to figure out a way to get there, but the money just isn't there. As much as I'd like to spend it on wheelin' with you, I'm gonna do the smart thing here and save it. The house we bought needs 1 of everything as far as appliances go, and its hard to use the rig for cooking, refrigeration, and washing clothes, lol.

I am going to try and get down to Jon or Mark's place before Friday and drop off the stuff I have for Gregg, Steve, and Dave. Hopefully Mark can make room for Gregg and Steve's stuff and get it to SMORR for me.

Take lots of pics, and have fun!

Jason what all do you have that needs took to smorr? I already have a tire for steve.
Have a trailer hope I don't need it!!Gas cost enough already,is dave cybergasm's it can stay at Jon's.

Lalalalala, truck is just itching to go out to Smorr!!!! or maybe its the driver..

Jason what all do you have that needs took to smorr? I already have a tire for steve.
Have a trailer hope I don't need it!!Gas cost enough already,is dave cybergasm's it can stay at Jon's.

For me, he has a small box with a C/V half shaft (replace a spare I gave him last year), as for Steve, I'm not sure what it is.

I'll bring the chainsaw, any other items needed? Since we're pulling the pop-up we'll have some extra room in the truck for community items so someone else can pack lighter. We'll be arriving friday morning and leaving sunday afternoon

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms, check

Just kidding about the tobacco

Is me all right :D and yes it will stay at Jon's until i get by there and toss em in the mounty

err when i get home this weekend :p:

So far looks Like I have an open seat in my truck when we go out!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Begging to get a ride on a Real trail. My rig is only good for Ranch Road. I also take pics and move big rocks.

Back