• Register Today It's free!

Hatch Button

Windrider1

Reaction score
City, State
Kenmore, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015, Explorer XLT
I am a new member! Thought I would see if I could get some help. My 2015 Explorer XLT exterior hatch button quit working for some unknown reason. Hatch and all other buttons work. Any ideas?
Thanks

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Congratulations (sort of), I believe you are the first to have an issue with this release button. The switch might be bad. If so, I think this is the replacement; Lift Gate for 2015 Ford Explorer | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake
I believe it would be part #16 ($9.35). I would check and see if there is power going to it first. If there is, then it's the switch.
Also available from our site sponsor Levittown Ford; 2011-2020 Ford Switch BB5Z-14018-B | Genuine Ford Auto Parts

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Congratulations (sort of), I believe you are the first to have an issue with this release button. The switch might be bad. If so, I think this is the replacement; Lift Gate for 2015 Ford Explorer | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake
I believe it would be part #16 ($9.35). I would check and see if there is power going to it first. If there is, then it's the switch.
Also available from our site sponsor Levittown Ford; 2011-2020 Ford Switch BB5Z-14018-B | Genuine Ford Auto Parts

Peter

Thanks for the reply. I took apart the hatch and checked for power and I did have power. I then tested my switch in place of the other switch that is on the bottom of the hatch and it worked! So I can't figure out why it's not working? One thing I did find out since my original post is my wife did say the button worked once. I tried wiggling all the wires I could see while I kept pressing the button but nothing. One thing I did notice, and I don't know if it matters, is when I tested for power I got 10.79 volts at the exterior button and 11.4 volts at the button on the bottom of the hatch. Any other ideas?

Possibly a bad ground?

Back