Have 3 general questions about my Explorer Sport I just bought... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Have 3 general questions about my Explorer Sport I just bought...

HockeyStud852

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
Ok well I just bought a 01 Ford Explorer Sport and I have 3 questions.
#1 - Am I missing like the center console part? It just seems kind of empty... haha
635808_41.jpg

635808_42.jpg

#2 - Am I supposed to have a different color on the plate that has the power windows and locks? I assume not. Can I buy another one and how much do you think it will cost? (Its hard to tell the difference in the colors from the pics but it much more noticable in person...)
635808_43.jpg

635808_44.jpg

#3 - How do you get the headrests down in the back? I was messin around with them and now they wont go back down. I know most of like a button that you push to lower it back down, but mine doesnt have one. Is there some trick that I need to know? haha.

Thanks for the help everyone! This site is great!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

center console

your center console should have come with a black bag that is removeable the person you bought it from must have just kept it with them

Matt
1999 4x4 xls :exp:

You can easily paint those pieces to match, probably get carbon fiber, whatever your fancy

Try lifting the headrests slightly then push down HARD

TPLYNCH said:
Try lifting the headrests slightly then push down HARD

I have tried that, haha. I think I have tried EVERYTHING. It just wont go down.

Back