Head light swap -- help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Head light swap -- help!

Hey guys. first and foremost im new here and this is my first post!

i have a 99 xlt

my question for you guys is, can i swap the headlights for a 99 mountaineer with the headlights of my 99 explorer?

meaning, do they bolt on the same? do they mount differently? or would i have to purchase the clear headlights from say... ebay or some toher online store?

the mountaineer headlights are diamond clear and much nicer compared to my old looking and now yellowing stock headlights.

thanks guys !

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ya i was actually thinkng about doing the same thing. I was planning on getting them from a junkYard. I am curious if it is an easy bolt on installation or do you have to retrofit it.

Well i used the search engine and i came up with the answer.

the swap is fairly difficult as the headlights don't swap directly. the entire grille would need to be changed along with some other parts.

so, to answer MY OWN question......
NO this swap will not work

Mods. you can remove this thread if need be.

thank you!

i think it would look bad ass to have an explorer with the mounty front. People wouldnt even know if it was one or the other.

Header pannle, Grill, and Lights to switch the front end look around. People have done it looks good. :salute: Cheers

PS: heres my buddies Explorer Sport, it has the head lights that your talking about and he dropped a V8 in it, VERY clean and fast truck...
truck.jpg

Psst-If you want to ask him about the mounty grill swap, his user name is 99sportx

What is with the massive amounts of videos on youtube that are no longer available lately? Like 3 out of 5 will be gone... Is it my system?

Back