Heating (fan) position Options?

Sunafi

Reaction score
City, State
Brampton
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017, Explorer, Platinum
I am bit confused,

in My 2002 Toyota Camry, if heat is positioned to feet & driver front; and I press heat for front windshield it works as expected, later if I press button for front windshield to switch it off, that also works fine. BUT after that position for heat (fan) switched to original (my feet / driver front) automatically.

in My 2017 Ford Explorer, if heat is positioned to feet & driver front; and I press heat for front windshield it works as expected, later if I press button for front windshield to switch it off, that also works fine. BUT after that position for heat (fan) is NOT set to original (my feet / driver front) automatically and I have to set it every time.

Is it a bug or Explorer is design that way & why? or something is wrong with my Explorer?

:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I understand your question correctly, it would only go back to your original if you hit 'auto'. Otherwise, it's looking for you to tell it what to do.

Thanks for your reply. I would try Auto ON and check what happens ...

But one issue with Auto I guess would be if any changes in temp (if I increase or decrease as per my need), Auto may OFF itself... but I would still try ...

I don't know about using the switches to change temps manually but when I use voice commands to change it the systems stays on 'Auto'. It is the setting I use all the time.

Peter

great thank you...

On my 16 XLT I can only select defrost and foot settings...if my defrost is On, I'm unable to also select middle vent settings...is this normal or something is wrong?

On my 16 XLT I can only select defrost and foot settings...if my defrost is On, I'm unable to also select middle vent settings...is this normal or something is wrong?

Apparently, it’s normal. My 2018 does the same thing. It’s odd, because our 2017 Escape CAN select all three, and the manual says I can select any combination, but if I select defrost I can’t operate middle and feet together too.

Back