• Register Today It's free!

Heating trouble

ATBrook

Reaction score
City, State
Winnipeg
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Hi my name is Arlen, and I'm from Winnipeg. (This is my first post as a new member) I have received a lot of help from you guys already with fixing my Explorer by google searches. I appreciate it very much!

I'm having an unfortunate heating problem with my Explorer. It's an 07, 4.0L V6. When I have the heat on high and fan on high, the heat comes on for several seconds and then blows cold for several seconds. Then after driving for 2 or 3 minutes I can hear what sounds like the fan belt squeal a little and all of the sudden the blower starts blowing almost twice as hard for a few seconds and then goes back to the hot air cold air fluctuating again. I noticed too that the temp gauge stays "cold" and a few minutes down the road jumps to the midway point between "c" and "h".
I do have a slight antifreeze leak (can't tell from where yet) but that has been like that since November. This heating problem just started two days ago, and I believe is unrelated. Can the t-stat cause interior heat fluctuation like this?
I would appreciate any help you can give me, it's -31C (-23F) here right now!

Thanks!

Back