For Sale - Heim Steering Tie Rod Conversion | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Heim Steering Tie Rod Conversion

I just finished building this conversion for my truck, and decided I want to stick with the stock tie rods for now and I could use the cash for other things right now, so I have this complete conversion up for sale. Passenger's side was built last weekend and installed for 1 week of street driving, driver's side was built yesterday, installed, and then immediately taken off. Every part is brand new, never been offroad. This conversion includes:

-Camburg machined aluminum steering clevises with bolt to attach to the rack
-BTF tapered pins to fit the balljoint taper of the spindle steering arm (stock or lift spindle)
-inners are 3/4" FK heims (left hand thread) with misalignment spacers and jam nuts
-outers are 7/8" FK heims (right hand thread) with misalignment spacers and jam nuts
-tie rods are 1.25" x 0.120" tubing sleeved inside 1.5" x 0.120" tubing, with Ruffstuff Specialties bungs at either end
-hardware for inner heims is Grade 8 bolts and washers with stover nuts, everything is included but you may want to replace it as it was installed

This is a 100% direct bolt-on, stock-replacement conversion. If you can turn a wrench, you can install this. I pieced this kit together over the past 6 months or so, so I got great deals on everything individually. You cannot replicate this kit for my asking price. Asking price is $300 and I am pretty firm on that, and I will ship it.

For reference, the Camburg complete kit only replaces the inner tie rod and reuses the stock outer, and it is more expensive than my kit:
http://www.camburg.com/store/susp-sys/ford/98-12-ranger/accessories-98-12-ranger/ford-ranger-98-11-heim-steering-kit/

Unpainted
IMAG0209.jpg

Painted
IMAG0211.jpg

Complete Set
IMAG0215.jpg

Clevises and Inner Heims
IMG135.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dang that would be so nice. thats what sucks about the east coast. everything has to be shipped. when i screwed up my order with king about my coilovers, i wanted to get them next day aired to send them back and it was 300 bucks.... i said hellllllllll nah

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here are some photos of my angles. My outer rods are already close to my wheels. I only have 15s. Let me know what you think.

DominicanX, you can post a picture of your spindle/outer tie rod at ride height if you want so I can see what angle yours is at right now. But from pictures I've seen, I think it would basically be the same like shooterdude said.

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 431
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 466

Looks like the same angle as stock and what mine is, so that should work perfectly.

Ok Ok, i'll take em. Question though. I'm in no hurry to put them on and you offered a $50 refund if either side doesn't adjust enough. What would it take for you to get that measuring tape out and lengthen the short one to match the long one?

Won't happen. If anything I'd shorten the longer one to match, because the short one is already 3 layers of tube thick. But I don't want to do that, and don't really have the time.

Understood, makes sense. Plus it looks like, installed, the longer one didn't need to be adjusted much. What's the best way to send you the $300?

Paypal? You've got a PM coming.

Sold! Thanks for playing.

Awesomeness.

Recieved!!!! Looks like another fun filled weekend...if i get to it...

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 274

It's about damn time!!! Word of advice to everyone else, don't use the post office for shipping packages. This package was lost for almost a month with no trace of where or why. Anyway, glad they turned up!

Back