• Register Today It's free!

Hello and please help!

GRC

Reaction score
City, State
Hunstanton, Norfolk
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 4.0V6
Hi everybody, i've just got my first Explorer - 1997 4.0V6 - best and most comfortable (i'm 6ft 8) motor i've ever owned! Beautiful noise that engine makes! I'm an operations manager running a fleet of about 40 buses in Lincolnshire, England. Married with 2 daughters and a beautiful grandaughter. I live by the sea in Norfolk and am looking forward to the winter and hopefully some snow to justify my need for a 4x4 to the wife! Can anyone tell me where the paint code is on a UK spec Explorer? The vin plate/ sticker on the slam panel has so many different letters and numbers i'm confused! There is no other plates or stickers anywhere else.
All the best to everyone.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to Explorer Forum! Do a search for paint codes. Happy Posting!

Hello and welcome, please take a mooch around the Uk section also, regarding the paint codes I believe its in the numbers on the panel in front of the radiator.
I am sure you will have years of enjoyable ownership- We are a friendly bunch here and go all out to help each other with help of anykind, read some of the sections to see what I am saying!
Post a pic of your ride mate!
H

Many thanks to you all for the kind welcome. I found the actual paint code from all the different numbers and letters eventually!! Now to get overspray over the neighbours cars! Ha Ha!
All the best everybody

Back