Hello! Problems with 2020 Platinum | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello! Problems with 2020 Platinum

I guess I'm lucky because as many problems as I've had I've never had the vehicle in the shop more than 10 days maximum. Also, I've never had to wait to bring the vehicle in for repairs. Yes, they have had to wait several days for parts but once the parts were in, the repair was completed in 1-2 days. I've had a fuel pump, battery, clutch, rear camera and rear glass replaced in just 25,000 miles. My 3 year warranty is up in December and am looking at an ESP for another 4 years/50K miles for just under $1600 with a $100 deductible.
I lm glad you haven’t had the same issues getting in. I was just told by the dealership that finally got me in that they will look a it but it sounds like transmission issues and they are booked out several weeks for transmission service. The issue with that is the transmission was literally rebuilt by them about 3 weeks ago! We have an extended warranty, we always get one. But everything I’ve dealt with in a time period of 9 months is insane. In the shop 5 times. They had it 2 weeks for transmission and at least 2 days for everything else. As soon as it is fixed I’m taking the loss and trading it in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I lm glad you haven’t had the same issues getting in. I was just told by the dealership that finally got me in that they will look a it but it sounds like transmission issues and they are booked out several weeks for transmission service. The issue with that is the transmission was literally rebuilt by them about 3 weeks ago! We have an extended warranty, we always get one. But everything I’ve dealt with in a time period of 9 months is insane. In the shop 5 times. They had it 2 weeks for transmission and at least 2 days for everything else. As soon as it is fixed I’m taking the loss and trading it in.
I had my transmission rebuilt 4 months ago. On a Saturday afternoon started having rough 6-7th gear shifts so drove straight to the dealership. Luckily, they were about to close at 3pm but the tech was available to drive it with me and said I should leave it and not drive it anymore. He knew what needed to be done to rebuild it. They put me in a free rental car. A bunch of parts were ordered and it was repaired under warranty. About 10 days later I got it back. So far so good after about 4,000 miles of driving it.

I had my transmission rebuilt 4 months ago. On a Saturday afternoon started having rough 6-7th gear shifts so drove straight to the dealership. Luckily, they were about to close at 3pm but the tech was available to drive it with me and said I should leave it and not drive it anymore. He knew what needed to be done to rebuild it. They put me in a free rental car. A bunch of parts were ordered and it was repaired under warranty. About 10 days later I got it back. So far so good after about 4,000 miles of driving it.
That’s great service! I’m so glad for you. Unfortunately I’ve had nothing but horrible service with Ford dealerships as well as the Ford Customer service line :(. I really love the look of the vehicle, but at this point with all that has gone wrong in a short amount of time, I’m trading it in once it’s fixed yet again

All you have to do is look up issues with 2020 Ford Explorer to see that this whole line was a lemon. Do you think it’s ok to have that many issues reported with this automobile? Do you think that in 9 months it’s ok to have a car with 14,000 - 23,000 in the shop 5 times, not including maintenance? And they had it more than 1 day each time. What happens when the factory warranty is up? Not Ford’s issue anymore. The fact that they know there are so many issues with this particular vehicle, they need to be held accountable!
In addition the fact that you can’t get into a Ford dealership for almost a month a
Speaks to the quality of their product.
Good luck with holding Ford "accountable". Not sure anything like a class action lawsuit would pan out. With used vehicle prices at a premium currently, now might be a good opportunity to sell and get something else from another brand. You might also want to look at your states lemon law to see if anything can done there.

Good luck with holding Ford "accountable". Not sure anything like a class action lawsuit would pan out. With used vehicle prices at a premium currently, now might be a good opportunity to sell and get something else from another brand. You might also want to look at your states lemon law to see if anything can done there.
Thank You! I actually am working with an attorney who thinks we have a good shot at a buyback and Ford has to pay fees. But you are right, I had it looked at by a dealership for trade in value this am and I can get close to what I paid for it. I’m thinking that may be the easier route. I know Ford isn’t going to be held accountable, but I think there should be a way for them to be. The amount of issues with this vehicle is ridiculous and they are clearly aware. I just think that along with how I’ve been treated is crap.

The roadside assistance was five hours out so I drove it in sport mode and shifted manually at a very low speed. I was just asking if anyone else had problems like these.
No engine problems, knock on wood, but I've had the peeling foil problem with Driver Side Window Switches. If you're under warranty obviously get the dealer involved. Sorry to hear you're having issues though man.

No engine problems, knock on wood, but I've had the peeling foil problem with Driver Side Window Switches. If you're under warranty obviously get the dealer involved. Sorry to hear you're having issues though man.
FYI, the member was last seen here on November 27, 2021.

Peter

Back