• Register Today It's free!

Hello to all

buckdropper

Reaction score
City, State
southwestern N.Y.
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
This is my first post, and i will keep it short.
I bought a 96 XLT 4x4 for the wife and it has no owners manual with it. First what is the auto lamp located on the mirror (rear view) and what does it do. 2nd where can i find the code for the keyless entry?. Thanks and i look forward to posting often. I am also a regular on the F-150 online. :redexp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome! Not sure about your light mines an old '94 we dont have those fancey dancy gadgets. If you try the "search" at the top for keyless entry you will find some good info!

Welcome buckdropper. The Switch on the rear view mirror is for the automatic on/of headlights. The further to the right you slide it the longer the headlihts stay on after you turn off your Explorer. If you do not want to use this feature just leave it turned off and use the manual swith.
As far as the key pad code there I think there is a label hidden some where on the vehicle. You also could take it to a dealer and they can find it and tell you. If you bought it from a FORD dealer they should do it free of charge.

Welcome!!! The keyless code can be found in the jack compartment (driver side, rear compartment). If you have a small flashlight and a small head...........stick your head in there and look forward. If not, use a flashlight and a mirror. You will see a black or grey box (about 4"x4"). On the box will be a sticker, and somewhere on that sticker will be a 5-digit code. That is your "permanent" code. To this, you can add your own "personal" codes. The procedure to setting these can be found with a search. Whatever your code is, adding an additional touch to the 3/4 button at the end will unlock the other doors. Also, to lock the doors, push the two far right buttons.

Robb

it has no owners manual with it

If you go to Ford Owner Connection and register, you should be able to download a PDF copy of the owners manual for your truck

Ford Owner Connection

Thanks

You folks are alright, I will check things out.:D

now we were wondering we have a 97 ltd X it has the automatic light set up on rearview mirror. but when we breought the car we were not given a keyless entry our ? is did all these models come out with keyless entry. or was it an option? My thoughts were being an ltd fully optioned it should have keyless entry.:confused:

They answered your questions so I am just gonna say
Welcome, and don't be a stranger !!!!

Welcome as well.

Just a hint, When posting try not to use a genaric subject.

You've come to a great place with too many answers :D

"We’re sorry. The Owner Guide for this vehicle is currently not available online. "

Grrr.. I want a friggin owners manual for my truck.. is there anywhere else I can get one at? Downloaded or mailed? Preferably downloaded...

Try the dealership. (FORD) they might have one or might be able to order one.

If that doesn't work I'll see if I can copy pages out of mine (1997) for you. But I dont' think I can do the whole book.......welll maybe for a couple bucks!

Originally posted by Forder
"We?re sorry. The Owner Guide for this vehicle is currently not available online. "

Grrr.. I want a friggin owners manual for my truck.. is there anywhere else I can get one at? Downloaded or mailed? Preferably downloaded...

Dead Link Removed

chowchowjp, your limited should have came wiyh keyless entry remotes. Not al Explorers come with keyless remote but a with a Limited it should be standard equipment.
However with it being an Austrlian X it might not. I wish we had the floor shifter like some of your X's do.

Dan

thanks for the info, we have the code everyone was talking about where the jack is, so we will have to see if we can get a keyless entry thingy from ford. We brought the car secondhand and was not given one.
All of the xs imported to Australia where/are floor shift. well we have never seen a colomn shift one here.
The Xs are imported and not altered when they arrive here, they even come here already right hand drive. So we have been told but dont quote us.lol

:chug:

Back