• Register Today It's free!

HELP! computer trouble codes

kismatik

Reaction score
City, State
Midwest city, oK
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
any ideas on pinpointing the problem with these codes?

1. 122 Throttle position sensor below min. voltage.
2. 157 Mass airflow sensor below min. voltage.
3. 211 PIP sensor circuite fault.
4. 212 Loss IDM imput to ECA.

211 and 212 almost have to be CM codes. 157 can be either CM or KOER (possibly KOEO, though my code list indicates not). If I assume you didn't perform the KOER test, then this is a CM code. 122 can be either KOEO or CM. SOP is to resolve KOEO codes first, then KOER codes (if it will start), and finally to resolve CM codes. So, the first thing I would have you do would be to identify if that 122 is a KOEO code or a CM code or both. If needed, review my notes on pulling EEC-IV codes in the EEC-IV forum.

TPS is a simple potentiometer, and is pretty easy to test with a voltmeter.

Testing MAF is a little bit trickier, but it's easy enough to put a voltmeter on the signal wires and see what it's outputting.

IDM I'm pretty sure will come from the ICM. On your '94, I'm not sure if PIP is generated by a CAMP or a CKP, or whether PIP is transmitted via the ICM or comes direct from the CAMP. Does the engine start? If the engine starts, then these are either old codes or intermittent which makes it that much more difficult to track down.

i did not try the KOER test yet and i starts fine. Most of the time it even runs fine. the only problem is at a stop the engine idle will bobble around somtimes even dieing. i changed the pugs and wires the first time this happened and it was fine for a few weeks. maybe faulty coil? thanks for you advice it a great place to start.

Back