HELP! Headlights, Tail lights dash lights not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP! Headlights, Tail lights dash lights not working

d.cheverie

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer sport
So not long ago I wired in a set of auxillary marker lights and spliced them into the headlight corner marker lights (not the signal lights) so they would come on at the same time. Some of my wiring must have come loose and shorted out the circuit. Now, my headlights work, high and low beams, but the running lights dont work (fog lights, marker lights, tail lights) and the dashboard lights wont turn on anymore.

Someone please help! I'm not sure if i blew a fuse, or a relay, and where is the fuse and relay located for these lights?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A 15A fuse, #11, in the battery junction box under the hood.

You can get help locating that fuse from the diagram in the owners manual. You can get the pdf version of your manual Dead Link Removed if yuo do not have one.

Thanks! Ill check out that fuse. Is there a relay associated with it as well that I could check?

There is a parking lamp relay in the relay module behind center of instrument panel.

well, i sure hope its just the fuse, because i it sure is a pain to take the gauges out!

Back