Help - I can't decide which wheels to buy! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help - I can't decide which wheels to buy!

My two choices are: 17x9 Cobra R Wheels...I love the look but it is a popular choice, or American Racing Teron wheels.

Either way I'm going to go with chrome. I can get the cobra's for $272 ea. and I can get the teron's for $300 ea.

Anybody have an opinion? Thanks =)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I say 18" Therons. It will stand out either way but the cobras are more common. Obviously it's your choice, and it seems so far to be for the cobra wheels so get the cheaper one, they'll both look really good.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't decide which wheels

I also like the COBRA R wheel.but you must keep in mind that you will have to use a 3/16 wheel spacer. Am looking at the 98 COBRA WHEEL, but am not sure if the wheel is deep enough.IF you have any thoughts let me know.

Just found out that Explorer EXPRESS has a new rim,it's a knock off on the COBRA R RIM.They claim no spacer is needed . Check them out!

decision time

Enough wasting time...I think I'm gonna go with the Cobra R's =) Anybody know how the Bridgestone Dueler HP's (275/55/17) are? How about the Michelin Cross Terrain SUV?

2001expsport...I found those wheels you showed me ..with prices - here's the link Dead Link Removed

I also found the KMC Venom wheels at a great price if anyone else is looking for some nice looking rims....Dead Link Removed

the michelin cross terrains is a very good tire.... great all season performance

i wouldnt put on bridgestones...not because i dont like them, but because they bought firestone. who knows how their quality standards are?

Back