Help installing Message Center on 1998 Ex SOHC | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help installing Message Center on 1998 Ex SOHC

98xlt2wd

Reaction score
City, State
Magnolia, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
I'm almost done installing Message Center on my 98 xlt. Most of the functions are working fine except for the low washer fluid bottle and the oil temp. Thanks to BIG COUNTRY.

My questions are:
1) I already have the fluid bottle sensor preistalled on the bottle. It has two wires coming out of it. Green wire and Black/white wire. Where do I connect my Pink/Yellow wires from the message center? Do I only connect it to one of the wire?

2) I cant seem to find the green white temp input wire. Where exactly do I locate the wire under the engine compartment? I have SOHC engine 1998 ex.

I'm no expert but I'm willing to learn. Pics will be helpfull.
Thank you.

Anybody? Please, it's really bugs me alot when I have unfinished job :)
Where are you BIGCOUNTRY ?

Lets see...I put an M/C in a 95..so its a little different..but the same steps as your 98 install..I found my temp hookup behind instrument panel..I had to pull the my guages panel out...there are steps to this...V8boatbuilder used the c115 connector under the hood for most of his connections...I used another posting for reference also..lets see if I can link it for you..the connector you will see there..with the drill..is the c115..M/C link Again..I easily found my temp wire behind the cluster...it was the same colors as the wires on the M/C harness!!

I did not hookup the washer fluid wire..because I have not installed that sensor yet...PM one of the fellas that did the install and ask. :D

BigDakota said:
Lets see...I put an M/C in a 95..so its a little different..but the same steps as your 98 install..I found my temp hookup behind instrument panel..I had to pull the my guages panel out...there are steps to this...V8boatbuilder used the c115 connector under the hood for most of his connections...I used another posting for reference also..lets see if I can link it for you..the connector you will see there..with the drill..is the c115..M/C link Again..I easily found my temp wire behind the cluster...it was the same colors as the wires on the M/C harness!!

I did not hookup the washer fluid wire..because I have not installed that sensor yet...PM one of the fellas that did the install and ask. :D

Does it work the same? just different method? Do you remember which plugs behind the cluster? because I remember there are three of them right?

I'll try to PM BIGCOUNTRY for my fluid bottle question. Thank you.

Back