• Register Today It's free!

Help me

kcdwb

Reaction score
City, State
Sunnyvale ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 4.2l v8 explorer4x4iuu
I have a 05 explorer xlt 4.6l v8 the batt died i put brand new batt now it says low oil presure tjot it might be the senor o i put new oil pressure sensor it still says low oil pressure and wont start also poping up is a red batt symbol i need to get it going asap any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does it crank over? Or nothing at all?

If it isn’t starting, you will have a low oil pressure light on.

could be a bad cable, bad alternator, blown fuse....

I suggest you start by pulling whatever codes are tripped. This is the best way to start and likely get pointed in the right direction to investigate.

Those are all normal lights for when the engine is not running.

Sounds more like PATS got reset but If a jump attempt was made a fuse or diode could be blown.

the batt light will be on if the alternator is not charging. Check the alternator fuse first then bench test the alternator

the batt light will be on if the alternator is not charging. Check the alternator fuse first then bench test the alternator

He said he installed a new battery and it won't start. Alternator has nothing to do with it not starting with a new battery. All the mentioned lights are on because the engine is not running because it won't start.

Bad battery connection or lost PATS programming.

If a incorrect polarity jump was attempted before replacing the battery the PCM diode could be blown but the odometer should display dashes if it is.

Back