Help no start and other electrical issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help no start and other electrical issues

rjwilson

Reaction score
City, State
Porter
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 f250 SD
no start with key,can cross relay to start,no power to wipers or elect windows,speedo not woeking. appearsinside fuse panel not hot.

no start with key,can cross relay to start,no power to wipers or elect windows,speedo not woeking. appearsinside fuse panel not hot.
@rjwilson
By inside fuse panel, you mean inside the vehicle? The Battery Junction Box, as the underhood one is called, is fed by a big fat #6 wire from the battery and alternator. Are the accessories you mention the ONLY ones not receiving power? Hard for me to imagine the entire Central Junction Box (inside cab) to be completely dead, as each of it's fuses is fed individually from fuses in the Underhood Box. I will have to go fetch my Gen. 2 wiring diagrams, out in my shop, later tonight. Meantime, answer my questions, that will help. imp

@rjwilson
By inside fuse panel, you mean inside the vehicle? The Battery Junction Box, as the underhood one is called, is fed by a big fat #6 wire from the battery and alternator. Are the accessories you mention the ONLY ones not receiving power? Hard for me to imagine the entire Central Junction Box (inside cab) to be completely dead, as each of it's fuses is fed individually from fuses in the Underhood Box. I will have to go fetch my Gen. 2 wiring diagrams, out in my shop, later tonight. Meantime, answer my questions, that will help. imp

EDIT: OK having gotten the Gen. 2 diagrams, they used a bit different approach from my Gen. 3. It's a 1996 manual, however, so 2001 may have differences. Power windows are not fed from inside panel, are fed from Battery Junction box underhood. Wipers are fed from interior fuse panel. Have you checked fuses? The Battery J box feeds interior panel by a 60 amp. fuse labeled 2. Do you have an Owners Manual? It will show you all the fuses and the values and usage.

EDIT: OK having gotten the Gen. 2 diagrams, they used a bit different approach from my Gen. 3. It's a 1996 manual, however, so 2001 may have differences. Power windows are not fed from inside panel, are fed from Battery Junction box underhood. Wipers are fed from interior fuse panel. Have you checked fuses? The Battery J box feeds interior panel by a 60 amp. fuse labeled 2. Do you have an Owners Manual? It will show you all the fuses and the values and usage.
01/07/17 sorry cold snap and holidays slowed the diagnostics: All fuses checked and good. radio/heater-Ac/lights all work. Did i mention speedo not working. Ignition key switch maybe??? or wire from colum broken???

Back